• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
5150maxie

15"mi16 Alloy Wheels

5150maxie

have any of yous got mi16 wheels on your car?id like a set on mind.my car is black so i was thinkin of doing them goodwood style?what do you think? :unsure:

Baz

Have wondered myself in the past, but put off by the fact they're et29, and would need around a 10mm spacer for them to fit correctly.

5150maxie

if i need spacers do think longer wheel bolts would be needed as well?

Edited by 5150maxie

huckleberry

You want to use bolt-on spacers and not the kind which need longer wheel bolts.

The spacers bolt onto the car and the wheels bolt onto the spacers with regular wheel bolts.

I believe you'd only NEED them on the back, but then on turn-in the wheel might rub onto something.

Tim

Baz

Yup they rub on the front but do fit, as when i tried 206 Gti (15") wheels which are the same offset. That was on a 1.6 though, a 1.9 would be even worse.

5150maxie

has anyone got any pics of the mi16 wheels on a 205?

cybernck
You want to use bolt-on spacers and not the kind which need longer wheel bolts.

The spacers bolt onto the car and the wheels bolt onto the spacers with regular wheel bolts.

actually, you want it the other way round... otherwise your life may depend on a quality of the spacer! :D

edit: that's unless you need very wide spacers (30+ mm) as then you've got no choice :).

cybernck

a friend has put a set on last week - he didn't have to use spacers for the front ones,

as his 205 GTI is a 1.6 and has a little bit wider front track, while for the rear wheels

he used the old front discs' faces (machined the rest off) which spaced the wheels

7mm out and it doesn't rub now (he used longer wheelbolts ofcourse).

post-4-1180462658_thumb.jpg

post-4-1180462684_thumb.jpg

post-4-1180462712_thumb.jpg

i'll have to take some pics with all 4 wheels on and the car washed - looks pretty good :D.

hope this helps.

5150maxie

thanks they look really good :D .im going to paint mine in antherite and possibly 10mm spacers.what wheel bolt size do i need and wheres best to get them from?

5150maxie

what spacers are best and where to get 10mm ones?

Sign in to follow this