• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI_Lee

205 Gti 1.9 8v >>> 2.0 8v

GTI_Lee

hi. well as some of you know the head gascket has gone on my car. the engine didnt really pull to well.and is over 100k

a friends of mine had a 2.0 8v in his he did a couple of road rallies then broke the car. has offered me the engine for £100 with 35k miles on it.

and a friend is putting it in for £100

i think that is a great deal.does anyone else?also any thing to be weary of?eg difference in thing.

thanks lee

lee-bg

2.0 ? where did it come from ? ZX or 306 ?

if i am not wrong, ECU is magnetti marrelli, while yours is Bosch.

this means different electronics, cabling, etc.

The rest should be pretty much simillar. I also believe you got little bit higher power at lower RPM than the 1,9, so that should be bonus too.

Edited by lee-bg

GTI_Lee

right..well it has come out of a 306 originally. my mate had it in a blue 205 gti. so its gin in mine now,

he said something about putting 1.9 gti injectors in will help? does that sound right to you?

thansk lee

brianthemagical

what model was it out of. i think the 2.0 started about 135hp but not sure. i would have thought the origional injectors would be the best bet. did your mates car have a scuby style bonnet scoop?

GTI_Lee

no i didnt matey. u might be thinkingofmy old one? scooby style bonnet vent with twin 40's? miami blue?

lee

lee-bg

1,9 8v injectors are pretty good. They are 214 cc which is far than enough for up to 170-180 bhp.

I dont know what injectors come with the 2.0 8v, but i suspect they have lower "cc" , because the 2.0 16V have lower "cc" than even the 1,9 16V (weird, but true).

Stick with original injectors from 1,9 8v (if they are yellow ones with code 280 150 762 ) - thats my opinion.

p.s. and 2.0 8v engines are 122 bhp. They replaced 1,9 8v which was last used in 205 and ZX Citroen.

Edited by lee-bg

GTI_Lee

ok thanks matey.. so ill put the injector off my 1.9 onto the 2.0 engine aswell. cheers.

brianthemagical

personally i would stick wiht the standard injectors unless your doing serious mods and getting it remapped. 1.9 injectors in a 1.6 doesn't work. 't is my 2 pence worth.

did your car have a rear wiper that disn't park in the correct place? maybe with 1.6 badges on? it was a miami i saw.

KRISKARRERA

The bhp depends what year it is. I know that when this engine was in the 405 there was various revisions made around 1994/1995. Plus withoput the cat you can add a few bhp I bet. And it's got 133lbs torque so it will go better than the standard engine.

Richie-Van-GTi

I did have a 2.0 8v in mine, running on the gti plenum and ECU etc. Every bit as quick as the 1.9 8v but noticeably better torque on the motorways. That was with the dizzy as well. Would of been much better with the 2.0 ecu etc but I didnt have them with the engine.

stevec205gti

I maybe doing this as well as my engine's not looking to sharp and I have the 2.0 8V from my old departed 405 sat in the garage. I was planning on swapping the engine in with the standard 205 set up - though I was considering putting the 1.9 cam in as well????

Sign in to follow this