• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jameswalton

Wierd Problem With Drivers Electric Window

Guest jameswalton

Hey,

took my car out for a run yesterday and had the windows down...no problems. got home and put them up, went out later and the drivers one has just started causing problems! its fine when going down, but when you bring it back up it clicks a couple of times quite violently about half way up and looks like the window is being forced to the side

i've no idea what could be causing this, anyone had this happen to them?

Cheers

Rob_the_Sparky

I'm guessing but 'd take a look at the runners, see if something is jamming it on one side.

steve@cornwall
I'm guessing but 'd take a look at the runners, see if something is jamming it on one side.

If you take out the winder mechanism, there are round white plastic guides that sit in the runners. These should rotate freely,otherwise the window starts binding at certain points and can even bend the mech, or start to strip teeth. Free off with wd40 or similar and refit with plenty of grease in the runners they sit in

Guest jameswalton

cheers guys, i'll do that

Sign in to follow this