• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Downpipe Bolt Help

swordfish210

Much to my dismay my car develpoed a loud knocking sound tonight when changing from one direction to the other, however after a quick check i found it to be the bolt that goes through the bracket in the downpipe and secures it to the engine (or gearbox i'm not quite sure :lol: ) could someone tell me the size and thread of the bolt so that i can buy a new one. Thanks

swordfish210

Anyone?

johnnyboy666

ive taken off the whole bracket on mine and hasnt had any negative affects as yet

swordfish210

well mines knocking like hell

Jrod

I'm not sure what type of bolt it is but couldnt you just rob one from a scrappy?

swordfish210

yeah it's just finding the time to go on a scrapyard trawl trying to find a TU engined 205, i'm at college from 9-4 then i go to work from 5-11 and i work most weekends as well. It's just much easier if i can go to the parts place and buy one :D

Jrod

I can post you one for £1.50

trogboy

It's either M8 1.0 or M10 1.25 IIRC and only needs to be 20mm long or so. Don't blame me if I'm wrong though!

They are so cheap just buy one of each. Should cost you less than a quid.

swordfish210
It's either M8 1.0 or M10 1.25 IIRC and only needs to be 20mm long or so. Don't blame me if I'm wrong though!

They are so cheap just buy one of each. Should cost you less than a quid.

thanks mate, i'll grab one of each tomorrow and give them a try

Sign in to follow this