• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anton green

If I Trace The Starter Solinoid Spade Wire Back..

Anton green

If I trace the starter solinoid spade wire back, where will it go to? Im probably going to replace the whole wire as it seems to be old and past it..

OR where can I pick it up again in the engine bay before it disappears under something hard to get to as I dont want it to be a whole afternoon job to replace one wire.. :lol: .

I currently have the drivers side lower dash off if the wire goes to a plug/terminal in this position, I will be more than happy to remove the whole wire!

ablister

it goes with the main engine wiring loom though bulkhead at drivers side and connects to the 6 or 12 pin (i forget) multiplug next to steering column in drivers footwell. Get your multimeter out and find which wire exactly. Pretty sure it's one of the end wires in the connectors

Anton green

cheers ta!

Just been investigating and seen a likely suspect in the area you say so Now I have to extend my mutimeter wires and have a test :lol:

Anton green

Done it :lol:

Replaced it all and still got the starter/ignition annoying click syndrome :lol:

Ah wel. Just got the one lead now to replace to the starter motor and thats the positive lead from the batt, so hopefully that'll clear it up

Edited by Anton green

inferno

from my experience its more likely to be a dodgy starter moter unit/solanoid or whatever that breaks down, just replace it!

Sign in to follow this