• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

2litre 16v Converion Questions...

inferno

2litre 16v engine from an r reg 406 auto, into a 205 gti...

1) will the gti inlet fit on the head with the xu10 throttle body? or should i use the turbo xu10 8v inlet and throttle body. this is assuming i have the usual intake clearance problems.

2) is the injection relay and ecu wiring similar to the turbos, meaning i dont need to read up on them too much?

3) how do i deal with the transponder immobiliser, im unable to start the car at the moment so cant unlock it that way.can i bypass like the keypad ones? how easy to remove it complete for retro fitting.

4) i know this has been covered before, but could some1 point me in the right direction of the diode mod and a how too for the rev counter?

Anything else simple ive forgotten... or issues when you did the same conversion?

cheers, tom

Sam

Changing plans again???

1. No. Totally different inlet flange and spacing. Why would you want to when you could use a GTI6 one.

2. No idea.

3. You'll need to get it unlocked, have a search, maxi found a cheap place i just forget the name.

4. You can either do that (search for PeterT's posts) or use BX coilpack clocks. I know the later works.

inferno

is the gti6 inlet good for radiator clearance? and no not changing plans...

petert

Here's the tacho adaptor circuit again. This is used to add the signals of the multiple coils together.

Tacho_Adaptor_4_cyl.pdf

However, the std. 205 tacho won't read the low voltage signal produced. You need to bypass a resistor in the tacho. Pull the tacho out of the cluster so you can access the printed circuit board in the tacho itself. Trace the path of the input wire that comes from coil. It will come to a resistor. Bypass this resistor by either soldering a wire accross it, or move the input wire to the other side of the resistor.

welshpug

1) as above, might as well use gti6 units, I know its close but I cant find any pics to confirm but I have had a close look at a PSOOC members GTi6 powered 206 and it was a lowered rad but only an inch or so, and the tinyest bit of slam panel trimmed.

2) + 3) the conversion is exactly the same as a GTi6, bar this engine IIRC doesn't have an inlet cam sensor, but thats on the engine loom anyway.

4) as petert posted above :huh:

all in all its a nice modern unit, maybe not the out an out power of an Mi16 or a 6 but its still a reasonably grunty motor :)

whizzer71

Gti6 Inlet Manifold fits 100% fine with no clearance issues at all and will bolt pretty much straight on.

Hilgie has a diagram for tacho wire up that does not require messing about with the back of the instrument cluster,I used this method for my 6' conversion and it works fine,also used it on a turbo conversion I did and again worked fine.

As for Ecu unlock,I have used Ecu Doctor very fair prices and he can remove the imobiliser side of the ecu altogether and raise rev limits etc. www.ecu-doctor.com .......I think may have a - in there somewhere do a search Im sure you'll find it.

Any other Q's just mail me.

Good Luck !

:huh:

Sign in to follow this