• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
t16ryan

406 2.0 16v Engine Worth Selling?

t16ryan

I have just been given a N reg 406 2.016v, full cream leather electrics etc, Now i searched on here as i not to hot on the 406 engines, but atr they 135bhp its not a plastic inlet its alloy? is the enigne worth chucking on ebay with the loom ect? also if i do do i have to keep the key pad immobiliser? Any help appriecated :)

inferno

im just about to run through wiring diagrams myself.. but if its anything to go by i paid £100 for my last one and sold it for the same, and got given another last year from a 40k miles auto 406 with a duff box. worth a punt if it pays for your time removeing it.

t16ryan

may sell it on ebay you never no :) did you sell any other bits off it ? was thinking if its worth removeing the cream leather and all other bits,?? has anyone put this engine in a 205?

inferno

talk to my tomorow and mine will be in mine :) should make for a good runabout tbh, maybe to heavy for anything major, but a good free engine when yours has 2 holes in the block is rude to turn down tbh :wacko:

i work with all pugs, and a 406 will break and sell quite well through work. i doubt youd have any issus shifting panels and interior/lights ect :D

t16ryan
talk to my tomorow and mine will be in mine :wacko: should make for a good runabout tbh, maybe to heavy for anything major, but a good free engine when yours has 2 holes in the block is rude to turn down tbh :D

i work with all pugs, and a 406 will break and sell quite well through work. i doubt youd have any issus shifting panels and interior/lights ect ;)

ok nice one will prob break it then, let me no what the engin eis like in the 205 as may keep it for a 205 with knackered engine, :)

Sandy

The heads are very similar to GTi6 and with a little work can be better. Don't chuck it!

Richie-Van-GTi

Im currently putting one in my 205 with better cams and manifolds. All the gti6 bits bolt straight onto it :huh:

whizzer71
The heads are very similar to GTi6 and with a little work can be better. Don't chuck it!

Please enlighten me master !,There is one of these down my local scrappy what have I got to do with it to fit it to my 205gti6 to make it even faster ???

:huh:

Sandy

Headwork. It doesn't need much and is arguably better to work than the GTi6, because there's more material to work with.

oli-pug

what would one of these be like standard in a 205? noticeably quicker than a 1.9 8v or not?

im thinking this could be a good starting block for me as the insurance would surely be cheap...

Sandy

Slightly better I would expect. Much better with GTi6 cams and manifolds.

danpug

I will be dropping one of these in my 205 hopefully within the next couple of months, providing we are talking about the same engine as the 2.0 16v 306 xsi?

t16ryan

Not to sure as not had much to do with the 306s heres a pic of what its like,

4e9d_1.jpg

lee-bg

Only last 306 (2000- ) ones have this engine.

First were S16 - 155 bhp/ or GTI-6.

welshpug
Only last 306 (2000- ) ones have this engine.

First were S16 - 155 bhp/ or GTI-6.

maybe in your country, but here from 1997 (P registration Phase 2) onwards the 306 XSi had this engine

Sign in to follow this