• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Windscreen Chip Repair

davemar

I've just picked up quite a nasty chip in the windscreen when a stone hit on the motorway. I would like to get it removed somehow, and wonder what the best way of doing it is. I assume it is repairable rather than needing to replace the whole screen. Do I need to get a man to do it, or is there a reliable DIY method?

steve@cornwall
I've just picked up quite a nasty chip in the windscreen when a stone hit on the motorway. I would like to get it removed somehow, and wonder what the best way of doing it is. I assume it is repairable rather than needing to replace the whole screen. Do I need to get a man to do it, or is there a reliable DIY method?

Check the relevent section in your insurance schedule, If fully comp. repair is usually free at the insurance company's approved repairer- no effect on NCB either :P

Ren

It will depend where on the screen and how big the damage is as to whether it can be repaired. If you are not fully comp expect to pay around £50 to have it professionally repaired or have a look in Halfords as they do a single use repair kit. I'm not sure how much they cost and I've never used one so not sure on how well they work. It's also worth considering if you're not fully comp that you should be able to buy a screen as supply only for around £40 - £50. Might be worth doing this and fitting it yourself if your screen has any scratches instead of spending the money getting it repaired.

Jrod

Just go down the scrappy and grab a good con screen for £10-20

Sign in to follow this