• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul_portsmouth

Brake Lights

paul_portsmouth

my brake lights have decided to stop working

i have side lights but no break lights

is there a common fault here?

g60-r

bulbs, fuses............

Miles

check the brake pedal switch and the wires are connected as they can fall off, It's easy to see with the glove box part off under the steering coloum

paul_portsmouth
check the brake pedal switch and the wires are connected as they can fall off, It's easy to see with the glove box part off under the steering coloum

thats what i was told will have a look later when the football is cleared and i can bring the car home

( only parking on one side when its on :@

Mikey S

as miles says they sometimes fall off. if it hasnt, bridge the terminals on the connector together with ign on. this will bring the stop lights on indicating that the switch is dead.

if it doesnt look at the bulbs and check that you have a supply to the brakelights themselves. :P

thats what i was told will have a look later when the football is cleared and i can bring the car home

( only parking on one side when its on :@

paul_portsmouth

the switch was loose and wound itself in too far so wasnt switching when the pedal was pressed :S

paul_portsmouth

turns out it wasnt the switch at all one of the connectors had a dodgy connection all fixed now though

Sign in to follow this