• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fxi1900

Some 405 Mi16x4 Questions

fxi1900

I have a '91 405 mi16 which i am just about to break, However, On the log book it says 405 mi16x4 but i can't see any transfer box or prop (not that i have had a very good look just a quick glance). Anyone throw any light?

pug_life

could have been converted bk to FWD by previous owner.. transfer boxes are very much like gti6 auto tensioners.... crap.

Mikey S

have a look at the rear end. they have a subframe assembly unlike the 2wd mi that have a beam.

there should be a switch in the boot on the left hand side iirc that you can raise or lower the rear suspension, similar to the bx.

Guest Roland
have a look at the rear end. they have a subframe assembly unlike the 2wd mi that have a beam.

there should be a switch in the boot on the left hand side iirc that you can raise or lower the rear suspension, similar to the bx.

The real indicator is the tunnel in the rear floor just infront of the rear seat.

On the 2wd body the tunnel is wide enough for the exhaust pipe only. On the x4 body the tunnel is wider to accomodate the prop shaft to the rear diff down the middle and the exhaust on the left hand side of the prop shaft.

Other differences include the front subframe, the fuel tank (and its fixing points), the complete rear drive/suspension/subframe, front driveshafts etc.

Guest Roland

If it is a Mi16x4 and you are breaking it then I am in need of a "Mi16x4" badge off the bootlid.

Baz

Get some pictures, i could tell you then! B) Try Forum.405mi16.com too. :(

If it is a Mi16x4 and you are breaking it then I am in need of a "Mi16x4" badge off the bootlid.

;) Aren't we all? :D

inferno

why are you breaking it? ive just been offered a later version and it seems a great car tbh...

fxi1900

Only breaking to move on enigine and gearbox as there is no mot or tax, The badge is just that of a mi16.

KRISKARRERA

What colour is it?

I remember an Mi16x4 that had been converted to 2wd doing the rounds one-bay a while back, maybe it's the same car.

fxi1900

its dark grey all standard apart from a rear reflective panel like some 205's have

petert

The fuel tank is the easy give away. The 4wd tank sits only on the RH side of the car, under the rear RH side passenger.

Higgy

Mine was also missing. Someone has a big stockpile of them :lol:

The fuel tank is the easy give away. The 4wd tank sits only on the RH side of the car, under the rear RH side passenger.

Umm not sure on that. The fuel tank I took off my x4 (Phase 1) was massive and certainly was the width of the car. Could not say though if it was the same as the 70 ltr monster on my 405 GLX.

I remember it was a ball ache of a job to remove. :blush:

Higgy.

zowow

how tempted i would be to swap if it had tax/mot hah

Sign in to follow this