• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

2.0ltr 8v Turbo Conversion

whizzer71

Hi all gonna do another turbo conversion soon but want to get some good power gains,have done a search and read through alot of the posts ets and it seems Im gonna need the following.

TT or Dp exhaust manifold (where can I obtain tt manifold from and what can I expect to pay?)

T25 or T28 turbo or Gt28rs Turbo (have seen these on e-bay so not a prob)

Saab red top injectors (Loads of Saabs down the local scrappy!,But which one will I find these on?)

8v DKZ cam...seems to be alot of mixed ideas about these ,anyone got any definitive experience ?

Emerald injection....allready have !

Is there anything else that I may have missed that might help me get along the road of turbo fun and ultimate grin factor ?

Cheers

Tristan :blush:

Super Josh
TT or Dp exhaust manifold (where can I obtain tt manifold from and what can I expect to pay?)

I have a brand new TT manifold for sale. I'll drop you a PM :blush:

Josh

whizzer71
Hi all gonna do another turbo conversion soon but want to get some good power gains,have done a search and read through alot of the posts ets and it seems Im gonna need the following.

T25 or T28 turbo or Gt28rs Turbo (have seen these on e-bay so not a prob)

Saab red top injectors (Loads of Saabs down the local scrappy!,But which one will I find these on?)

8v DKZ cam...seems to be alot of mixed ideas about these ,anyone got any definitive experience ?

Emerald injection....allready have !

Is there anything else that I may have missed that might help me get along the road of turbo fun and ultimate grin factor ?

Cheers

Tristan :blush:

Oh and read somewhere something about using the XM 2.0ltr N/A inlet manifold,Is this the same as the 2.0ltr N/A Xantia one ?,Anyone got any pics......?

Thanks Again

:o

TEKNOPUG

How much power do you want?

whizzer71

Around 200-220 Bhp would be nice !,what kind on torque can I expect to get from one of these engines ?

:(

bales
Around 200-220 Bhp would be nice !,what kind on torque can I expect to get from one of these engines ?

I always said that until I have just driven mine and realised with that much torque your going to struggle a bit.

whizzer71
I always said that until I have just driven mine and realised with that much torque your going to struggle a bit.

:( So how much power is yours making ?

bales

dunno 150bhp i suppose but thats not really the problem

inferno

Saab 2.3 16v turbo's have the REDS your looking for. good for 400cc is flow rates. Also fiat coupe 16v turbo are a similar flow rate.

stick with the standard xu10 turbo inlet, maybe a larger xsi throttle bodie though (not tried it myself)

Ive chosen to go top mount T3 turbo to get a bit more power out of it though B)

van cleef

Just a random question. B)

Whats the most power anybody on here has squeezed out of this engine?

Edited by van cleef

Malachy

im hopng for 300bhp with my build althouh my engine is a bit of a mixup (turbo bottom end with xu10j4r head)

tom_m
I have a brand new TT manifold for sale. I'll drop you a PM :P

Josh

bugger, you beat me to it josh! so do i :D

there are dutch ones running 300 horse on stock bottom ends and the dkz cam

van cleef

I was thinking on the dkz cam before instaling the engine what engine's were these i would do a search but i can't be bothered.

tom_m

the dkz is the 122bhp cat equipped 1.9 engine

whizzer71

Dont spose the DKZ engine was used over here on any of the late 1.9 CAT equipped cars ?

Tris

:rolleyes:

Super Josh
Dont spose the DKZ engine was used over here on any of the late 1.9 CAT equipped cars ?

Tris

:rolleyes:

Yep :lol: Find a Motronic equiped car, which will be a DKZ with a CAT :lol:

Josh

Edited by Super Josh

sonofsam

Good luck in finding a cam for a reasonable amount of money :lol:

Found a complete head once at the online breakers, but it was nearly

the price of a brand new Catcam :lol:

(awaits for one to now be offered up on this thread :rolleyes:

Im pretty sure though Hilgie posted up the details of the 8v XSI cam being very similar

to the DKZ.

johnrobertgordon

I would say this, dont change the manifold or the turbo, Just make sure you have a decent intercooler and pipe work then fit an aftermarket ecy and some beefier injsectors. Have it all set up properly and you could see a safe and easy 200-220 bhp depending what boost you run. Standard turbo will cope at 1.2 Bar.

you want to speek to the dutch and the germans about it. DP engineering were also very helpfull and told me what I could expect from a standard engine.

tom_m
Good luck in finding a cam for a reasonable amount of money :rolleyes:

i found one :lol: :lol: B)

bales
I would say this, dont change the manifold or the turbo, Just make sure you have a decent intercooler and pipe work then fit an aftermarket ecy and some beefier injsectors. Have it all set up properly and you could see a safe and easy 200-220 bhp depending what boost you run. Standard turbo will cope at 1.2 Bar.

you want to speek to the dutch and the germans about it. DP engineering were also very helpfull and told me what I could expect from a standard engine.

Not sure I agree with that, I think the first thing to change would be the manifold and the turbo. In my opinion the characteristics of the engine are completely defined by the exhaust housing being so restrictive at high revs - which is how they managed 173lb/ft at 2500rpm.

After driving mine I think the characteristics of the standard engine don't really suit the 205 unless you get longer gearing. Doubt you could run 220bhp out of the turbo as it is right in the meat of its effciency curve on standard boost, you would just generate more heat and no extra power. I think a T25 is fine for 200+bhp just with a different exhaust housing on the turbo and hence manifold.

Since you can get a TT one from 205 parts for £225 and then a T25/T28 for decent money this is probably the most efficient and cost effective way to get more power IMO.

Whacking up the boost will just make the power delivery characteristics even more defined - se wheelspin in the lower gears at lowish revs and then running out of puff sooner, plus you will put a lot more heat into the charge and be closer to getting detonation.

tom_m
Standard turbo will cope at 1.2 Bar.

err no

Not sure I agree with that, I think the first thing to change would be the manifold and the turbo.

Doubt you could run 220bhp out of the turbo as it is right in the meat of its effciency curve on standard boost, you would just generate more heat and no extra power.

you will put a lot more heat into the charge and be closer to getting detonation.

i'm with bales here, the standard turbo is far too small to be running anywhere near that pressure reliably.

Henry Yorke

I wouldn't worry too much about BHP on this as it is the Torque that makes them quick. However I agree on the gearing comments as that is the best mod I have ever done on mine; to put a longer gear box in.

inferno
After driving mine I think the characteristics of the standard engine don't really suit the 205 unless you get longer gearing.

im sure we had this discussion before now! you really need a turbo desel or similar gearbox!

1.2 bar on a standard t25? bet that will last as long as xs powers plastic turbo units!

sonofsam
i found one :lol::D :D

Lucky boy :D

@bales, sort your boost control and reap the benefits!

TEKNOPUG

Did it only come in the 1.9 XU9 Cat from a 205? Can the engine/cam not be found in a 405/306/406/Citroen etc??

Sign in to follow this