• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bonzai

405 Adjustable Throttle Cable

Bonzai

search didnt turn anything up on this, so can anyone shed some light on what models had an adjustable throttle cable?

Muchos Gracias :D

welshpug

aftermarket (i.e GSF) cable kits come in an universal length with a clamp on doobery to go on the end once you have cut the outer cable to suit.

all o.e cables I have seen have fixed ends (be it petrol or diesel)

jackherer
aftermarket (i.e GSF) cable kits come in an universal length with a clamp on doobery to go on the end once you have cut the outer cable to suit.

all o.e cables I have seen have fixed ends (be it petrol or diesel)

Peugeot (and Citroen) now supply the universal aftermarket style cables too.

Rik

Yep, i got one for the my 205xs when i put a 106gti engine in.

About 20-30 quidish!

Alastairh
Peugeot (and Citroen) now supply the universal aftermarket style cables too.

Yeah, i agree.

Id go gsf/euros. There about £8, where as pug is £25...

welshpug

£14.20 plus vat is GSF's list price to be precise :D

kyepan

the after market one comes with an extra long cable you can cut to fit, plus the grommet for the bulk head, the stop for the bulkhead, the clip for the cable at the pedal end, and the adjustable doobrie / clip for the throttle end

James_m

I had a GSF one, but the plastic piping for the cable itself was made from the lowest grade plastic imaginable. Yes, even worse than the crap peugeot used for the passenger rear quarter panels(the bits below the rear windows with the ashtray etc)

I cant remember what i paid for mine, but if the above prices are correct, you may as well got one from GSF then just by some decent piping from a bike shop or wherever.

Bonzai

thanks for all the feedback. So it doesnt actually matter about a specific model, just a generic 405 throttle cable will suffice?

welshpug

just double checked the GSF catalouge and its a single kit for any PSA vehicle, part No N71202

Sign in to follow this