• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
reg

Stop

reg

When i turn the key to the first few positions my STOP light lights up as well as the other usall light, like battery etc. All good so far :blink: .

When the engine is running the STOP light stay on but goes dim, it's not really noticable untill its night time.

Should this be anything to worry about?, What exactly is the STOP light for? :D

What could cause the STOP light to stay on half as bright, any ideas?

elrikos

are you sure the stop light is actually coming on and its not light leaking through from the dash illumination bulbs? try running the engine at night with the dash illumination off and see if you can still see it

Rich

Wicker man

what he seid

i get the same thing at night but with my battery warning light

johnnyboy666

same here with the battery warning light

reg

Thought of that first but It's deffinetly the STOP light. Sometimes it goes off totaly. Maybe its a low voltage from something that connects to the STOP light, just not sure what it connectes too. Not sure why they would be a low voltage either, but it's the best i could come up with :(

Edited by reg

reg

Does no one know what the STOP light indicates ? :(

welshpug

tells you to stop!!!!!

its a warning light that indicates exess temperature or insufficient oil pressure, or loss of coolant (which doesn't always work) and brake fluid level.

in every which case you should stop! just like a red light on traffic lights, you wouldn't ignore that would you :(

Anthony

Low oil pressure (both low oil pressure and high coolant temp lights will illuminate together with STOP) or high coolant temp (high coolant temp light together with STOP). Those are the only two conditions that will trigger the STOP light, and not (as some people suggest) low coolant, low brake fluid, or anything else...

reg

Thank you very much Anthony. I'm going to go and poke around with a multi meter now. Ta.

zowow

mine used to flicker if it overheated

also oil press

Edited by zowow

KRISKARRERA
same here with the battery warning light
Me too, and mines a 405. Same era same crap design I guess! :rolleyes:

If the oil pressure/temp and coolant temp are ok it's probably nothing to worry about.

Henry Yorke

Is this another case of a dirty brown multiplug under the air flow meter, or does it run off a different bit of the wiring loom?

reg

My coolant temp sensor has never worked. does anyone know where the sensor is and if its easy to replace ? could be the cause.

Sign in to follow this