• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonnygoodhand

Which Head Should I Go For?

Rippthrough
I'll have an XT head you can buy soon enough, only trouble is it will be attached to a rallye block

Same spacing as rallye head?

If so, what £££?

Edited by Rippthrough

christopher
Sounds like a plan!

Just got to find a decent XSI engine to rip the parts from now...

Also, will I need a custom manifold made? Previous replies have ruled out my current one and you say the 205 Rallye (TU24) is not suitable either?

For the sake of completeness I just want to state that this is NOT a 205 Rallye (TU24) inlet manifold. This is what looks to be a copy of a AX sport manifold. This has a different shape due to the constrained space in an AX. I would expect this to flow less than a 205 Rallye one due to the flow vectors

TKH

As said in the post its taken from racing experience and engine tuners. None of what was said there was taken from any forum. Can I ask what is the specifications of your setup?

Sandy

I've built and run various different TU engine configurations, 8v and 16v, 1.1 to 1.6. Several TU builds on the go as I speak.

I don't know if it's Chinese whispers or not, but the information and advice I hear through my colleagues and customers and from some engine builders is sometimes factually incorrect or based on using what I would call; a less that ideal choice of components.

I could give you examples of this, but it would probably upset the companies involved.

trogboy
Same spacing as rallye head?

If so, what £££?

Philip - Don't you want a TU24 head from a euro rallye?

The XT head will be have identical port spacing the XS head you already have.

The 106 xsi or rallye heads would look to be a closer fit port wise but I've never seen one in the flesh.

Rippthrough
Philip - Don't you want a TU24 head from a euro rallye?

The XT head will be have identical port spacing the XS head you already have.

The 106 xsi or rallye heads would look to be a closer fit port wise but I've never seen one in the flesh.

106 xsi or rallye/similar I'm after -

Sign in to follow this