• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave87

Carbs In Wiring Up To Do.

Dave87

hi i've been searching and i've looked at the article for fitting carbs to the mi16, it makes some sense but...

I've just put 1.9 8vengine into my 205 with twin 45 webers which was a 1.1i i've got the gti clocks to more or less work and i can get the engine to crank over of the start motor. i have mounted the coil and ing module into the bay in the back right hand corner and i have conected the dizzy loom and 3 pin plug to the ing amp as well as the + from coil and ing amp to ing switch (second click of the key). but i'm not sure what to do with the over two wires think there both earths and the diagram from the article says they both need to go to the rev counter.

if they do need to go to the rev counter which wire is it from the clocks and do they need a fuse?

any help would be great?

Dave

Richie-Van-GTi

theres a direct wire from coil negative to tacho, on the gti loom its normally a thickish green wire. the other negative on the coil goes to earth, then the 2 positives, one is the switched live and the other goes to the ignition amp.

Dave87

yeh i have a green and a yellow with green marks/traces on it so green to tacho and yellow to earth body

Sign in to follow this