• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

Is It Possible To Bypass The Immobiliser?

feb

My dad's saxo has been stolen today.

It had an aftermarket alarm and factory fitted immobiliser.

I was just wondering how the f***ing thieving scum managed to bypass the immobiliser.... ;)

Is it possible to have been disconnected at the local garage where he had some work done recently?

Banjo

Prob toaded it away...

Mikey G

Most immobiliser fitters are lazy and just break into the wiring around the ignition switch area, this means with a few snips and twisting the wires back together you can get the car started pretty quickly.

Mikey G
Prob toaded it away...

His name must have been Cliff and drove a ford.

pugrallye

on a saxo its not difficult, as it has a reader coil, so its just knowing the 'garage key' resistance and voila one mobilized saxo (same process as all these fancy alarms work that remote start your car)

feb
on a saxo its not difficult, as it has a reader coil, so its just knowing the 'garage key' resistance and voila one mobilized saxo (same process as all these fancy alarms work that remote start your car)

actually they replaced the ECU (with an unlocked one), my dad found the cap of the old ECU where the car was parked...

One starts thinking what's the point of all these alarms and immobilisers in such case...

I guess the best bet is to fit a blackjax or an alarm with its own immobiliser?

Any suggestions?

Edited by feb

TEKNOPUG
actually they replaced the ECU (with an unlocked one), my dad found the cap of the old ECU where the car was parked...

One starts thinking what's the point of all these alarms and immobilisers in such case...

I guess the best bet is to fit a blackjax or an alarm with its own immobiliser?

Any suggestions?

No, not really. At the end of the day they all just cut into the OE ignition/ecu/fuel circuitry somewhere. If you have the time to chase all the wires back, remove the immobiliser ones and reconnect the OE ones, then the immobiliser is bypassed. Or you can just bridge across the OE immobiliser and bypass it that way. What youd need is some kind of physical break in the circuitry like if there is a drop in the voltage anywhere along the wires (like when one is being cut) then it causes a part of the ignition system to physically fail (such as burning out a resistor). Pain in the arse if ever you wanted to start the car again. And also of only limited use if the thief is aware of the system. Its just as easy for yourself to splice into the circuitry somewhere and connect up a switch and then hide it somewhere in the car. Done this with a lot of my older cars. With the 205, I find it easiest to simply remove the tachy relay and stick it in my pocket. However, it doesnt stop someone breaking into your car and trashing it in an attempt to start it. The best way to protect your car is a visual deterrent which will stop people even attempting in the first place. Such as a huge metal disc-lock or something similar. Or just own a crappy looking old 205 with no stereo..works for me!

Im sure that people like Mercedes could come up with a full-proof system but wheres the incentive? Your car gets stolen, you get an insurance pay out, you go and buy another car. Not really in car makers interests to apply all but the minimum security to their cars.

Rob_the_Sparky

No such thing as fool proof security, just one that takes longer to bypass. With enough time you can jury rig anything!

Miles

If there's a will there's away, But the more stuff you have on the car the more damage will ocur when they are ripping it all out so it's 50/50 on what you do, A tracker is the best option then at least you can find the thing rather than in allot of bits

Sign in to follow this