• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
All Praise The GTI

Be1 To Be3

All Praise The GTI

hi guys ive already done searches and asked but everyone gives me different answers and i need a straight simple one please.

ive been told of moding or changing cables and pedals and all sorts but whats the simplest and quickest and hopfully cheapest way of doing it?

steve@cornwall
hi guys ive already done searches and asked but everyone gives me different answers and i need a straight simple one please.

ive been told of moding or changing cables and pedals and all sorts but whats the simplest and quickest and hopfully cheapest way of doing it?

gti or mi box? I believe the procedure differ between the two....

pug_ham

Cable & pedal for definate. Gearstick doesn't need swapping.

AFAIK the procedure is the exact same between the GTi & Mi, its the car that needs changing not the gearbox. The Mi needs a selector arm swapping to work in the 205.

Graham.

pug_life

do a search i posted photos of how i changed all mine over a few weeks back....

as for mi16 box i cut and welded my 405 selector arm as i had no 205 ones spare..

d-9

Take off old gearbox. Fit new one. Think you need a be3 clutch release bearing as well.

Take off old clutch pedal, and cable. Fit be3 clutch pedal and cable.

Refit gear linkage rods, adjust to length so the gear lever is in the correct place.

Cable tie the reverse selector cable out the way somewhere.

Thats all ive done when ive changed boxes. If its a bx box you're changing to, you have to swap the speedo drive housing for one from a 205, otherwise the speedo overreads lots (this may also be the same for mi boxes). Never fitted an mi box, but bx boxes drop straight in without needing to change the selector arms.

Sign in to follow this