• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Sun Roof Size

Nathan

Could someone please do me a favour and measure how big the sun roof is on a 205, I do it myself but I've not got access to my car at the mo!

I ideally need to know approximately how big a carbon or ally plate would have to be to go over it.

Richie-Van-GTi

plate needs to be 900mm by 750mm ideally, that gives you a bit of leeway to round one edge to the same profile as the roof and round the corners off.

I done mine recently :D

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

Henry 1.9GTi

richie: how did you go about sealing the plate to the roof? Are all the holes for rivets already there from the sunroof and I'm unsure what sealant to use or weather to use a thin rubber strip.

Thanks.

Henry.

Richie-Van-GTi

henry, I redrilled the plate and the roof so everything matched up perfectly, I then used bodykit glue as a sealant, mainly due to its strength, the roof is 100% waterproof and if the rivets fail the gluewill still be there. Ask local places for sikaflex or tiger seal ;)

Henry 1.9GTi

nice. thanks for the reply. With this info I can go and sort out a nice plate for my stupid sunroof!! ;)

Sign in to follow this