• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
WildCards

Mi Installation Parts

WildCards

My engine is about rebuilt and i'm need to start buying stuff. I've already got a re-angled exhaust manifold and a shortended intake manifold with injectors, fuel rail etc and as i'm a forgetful kind of chap i've made myself a little list of whats needed, the supplier and the price with any club discount already taken off.

Now, I don't want to start a scrap between suppliers as i'm not interested in saving a couple of quid, but if anyone knows where I can source anything listed with a worthy saving please let me know. Also, have I missed anything? All i've got is an engine, 1.6 box and a 205 to put them it.

Engine Mount Kit (5 Piece Kit) - BBM - £75.60

Clutch Kit - EBC - £54.41

Flywheel - EBC - £60.00

ECU & Engine Loom - ??? - £160.00

Induction Kit - PugSpares - £65.00

Spark Plugs - ??? - £25.00

Ignition Leads - Autofive - £33.72

Exhaust System - OMP - £160.00

Coolant Hose Kit (10 Hose Kit) - BBM - £148.50

Oil Hose Kit (3 Piece Kit) - Pugracing - £95.95

Oil Cooler Kit - Shenpa - £117.00

Starter Motor - Spoox - £70.00

Alternator - Spoox - £80.00

Cambelt & Tensioners - ECP - £40.00

Aluminium Radiator - Spoox - £60.00

M@tt

ally radiators £40 - gsf

could also save yourself a wadge with a second had known good starter and alternator!

WildCards
ally radiators £40 - gsf

could also save yourself a wadge with a second had known good starter and alternator!

Yeah, i'll be having a shifty through the local scrap yards before putting my hand in my pocket for them. I briefly looked at brise jobbies but came to my senses.

C_W

I would use a Valeo or SACHS clutch kit over an EBC one.

I'd also source a 2nd hand 306Diesel starter, usually about £30-£40 for one.

Think you have to get lucky with the ECU and looms as they're getting rarer, I've got my ECUs in the past quite cheap though and might have a spare one.

jackherer
I would use a Valeo or SACHS clutch kit over an EBC one.

I couldn't agree more, I put an EBC one on my Mi and it totally died in less than five thousand miles, one side of the friction material had completely dissappeared.

Alastairh

Don't forget dizzy and rotor arm :)

Ben is about to break another 205 and being local he will have a few spares, and im fairly sure i have a spare mi ecu :o

WildCards

Blimey, didn't expect much response from this thread, cheers guys.

I'll have to sort out a wanted thread I spose. What makes the diesel starter motor a better choice than the original?

DrSarty
What makes the diesel starter motor a better choice than the original?

Without going too technical, you're probably just best off following the advice here. I'm not the only one who's had weak - particularly when old and hot - starter motor/solenoid issues. They are suggesting a dead easy way to avoid potential problems my friend. I believe a diesel 205 and a 406 starter set fits too. And if you ever run higher compression as I did, you'll need the extra guts coupled to a decent battery for cold, winter starts.

You're in a very lucky position. There seem to be loads of us in a bit of financial hardship OR going through a life change and selling up. The 'for sale' section is heaving with clearouts and Mi's being broken. If you've got the readies I'd make hay while the sun shines and get some bargains. I reckon you'll be able to halve the cash total of your shopping list.

Good luck

Rich :D

P.S. My signature is GREAT!

Edited by DrSarty

smckeown

don't put the 1.6 box on, you need the mi16 final drive (at least, at best the 1.9 gears also) on an mi16 engine to get the most from it.

if it'sa track car i'd put a paddle clutch and lightened flywheel on also

C_W
Blimey, didn't expect much response from this thread, cheers guys.

I'll have to sort out a wanted thread I spose. What makes the diesel starter motor a better choice than the original?

There're designed to turn over an engine with a much higher compression and seem to be more reliable.

Miles

Ditto on the above, steer clear of anything EBC (And OMP) and the Valeo item's or Helix for uprated clutches but these are rather expensive, I don;t think GSF have ally rad's in stock now but ECP do as I got my last one the other week, Also worth getting the cost on bit's GSF as they do vary bewtween them.

The Alt I'd just get a 8v one as this gives you more clearance on the chassis rail over the 16v one, Plus belt changing is easier too,

Plugs are about £1.50 each for NGK's, Lead's again ECP/GSF are fine and sell OE spec ones.

Super Josh
What makes the diesel starter motor a better choice than the original?

The Diesel starter has almost twice the turning power of the regular starter :D And definitely worth fitting IMO :D

Josh

Baz

Not sure if you get Maldon Auto Panels delivery up there but they do Nissens Alloy rads at a good price.

Ecu and loom around that figure really, I've got a 3row set up spare. :D

As Miles says, OMP junk, rather stick with a good std system tbh.

WildCards
don't put the 1.6 box on, you need the mi16 final drive (at least, at best the 1.9 gears also) on an mi16 engine to get the most from it.

It's your old gearbox I bought you bugger :P

The car is purely for track use, although i'll be running it on the road a little bit. I can't be arsed to mess about with the gb tbh, I just want the car back running so I can do something with it and if I find the ratios really unliveable then that'll have to be a job through the winter. Might keep me from getting fatter ;)

All info on the diesel starter and other parts gratefully absorbed.

Higgy

Don't worry 1.6 box is fun :) Unless you keep wanting to effortlessly do 60mph in 2nd (1.9 box!).

Going from 1.9 to 1.6 box is like getting an extra 30bhp!!

Just keep it off the motorway.

Higgy (getting an old bugger).

Ren

Steve, try spark-plugs.co.uk I've used them a few times and found them to be the cheapest and also normally get next day delivery with the standard first class. What you up to Sat am? I've got a few bits to do but then i'm going up to 205parts if you want to join me for a drive and a chat with them for any info you need. PM me if you're free.

Ren.

WildCards

Sorry Ren, completely missed this mate. We WILL catch up at some point and thanks for the info.

WildCards

Will any 306 diesel starter motors fit? Theres a few 306 HDi SM's on ebay fairly cheap at the minute.

rapidmi

why not put the 1.6 box in? i take it because its to short? i always felt the 1.9 box strangles an mi16, , a 16 box wi an mi final drive is even shorter is it not? the final drive in a 16 box is 4.063 compaired to an mi box 4.429 correct me if im wrong like im bad when it comes to gearbox talk

jackherer

1.6 and Mi16 boxes are good on Mi16s, the 1.9 box is a nightmare.

Sign in to follow this