• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Megasquirt Q's

Richie-Van-GTi

Sorry, Im getting really confuzzled reading websites and doing searches etc.

I need to know what I should order to make my engine run.

xu10j4r with indiuvidual coil packs on throttle bodies.

:D

pug_life

speak to bono, he's selling both his megasquirt V3 ecus i think? one has edis ignition setup as well... he's just got emerald on, although managed to get his s16 to run on emerald ignition and megasquirt fuelling :D

Richie-Van-GTi

cheers mate, will contact him :D

jonand
Sorry, Im getting really confuzzled reading websites and doing searches etc.

I need to know what I should order to make my engine run.

xu10j4r with indiuvidual coil packs on throttle bodies.

:(

Hi There,

Not sure if this is any help, but I have recently put my S16 on MSnS Extra v3. Although I am currently using R1 bike carbs (successfully), the set up is sufficient for using bodies. I junked the individual coil packs in favour of a pug wasted spark coil set up (with leads from a corsa 16v), more for reliability than anything else. The drivers for the coil are built into the MS, and I am using the std crank sensor and the R1 TPS. I have no MAP sensor connection pipes in the manifold - but for running fuelling most people seem to want to use one as there is a built in MAP sensor in the MS unit. All other standard sensors can be configured to work with the MS.

Take care if ordering a ready built unit to:

• Properly brief the builder as to what engine configuration you intend to use.

1. Also consider the numerous options available eg launch control, NOS, shift light etc
  2. Cosider who to buy from - there is a list of recommended sellers on the MSefi.com forum - but there appears to be conflicts of interest also !!

Good Luck

Jon

Richie-Van-GTi

jonand, your running a similar setup to what Im going for then so I may PM you in near futuire regarding mapping etc :D

Will be running R1 bodies whiich I have now, they are complete with built in m,ap sensor, TPS, autochoke etc etc.

Ive been advised by DIYTautotune to use the following

MS-1 with extra code and V3 to work with 60-2 flywheel.

one extra coil driver for wasted spark ignition.

wideband lambda and controller for accurate mapping.

They then advise to run with map sensor as without it means alpha N mapping which is more difficult.

Can you tell me, on your bike bodies which injectors you are using and where are they placed? How far are your bodies from the head etc. Any close up pics?

thanks

quick edit, with the wasted spark what do you use? I assumed it was the individual coil packs but you suggest something different? do you still need ignition amps or coils etc?

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

pug_ham
jonand, with the wasted spark what do you use? I assumed it was the individual coil packs but you suggest something different? do you still need ignition amps or coils etc?

From reading his above post it sounds to me like jonand has used the coilpack from a 306/405/406 etc that fits onto the thermotstat housing.

This one is dependant on the management system, MP3.1 you still need the ignition module but MM8P doesn't.

The drivers for the coil are built into the MS

If the drivers are in the MS ecu as above you won't need the ignition amp.

Graham.

post-71-1178672402.jpg

jonand
jonand, your running a similar setup to what Im going for then so I may PM you in near futuire regarding mapping etc ;)

Will be running R1 bodies whiich I have now, they are complete with built in m,ap sensor, TPS, autochoke etc etc.

Ive been advised by DIYTautotune to use the following

MS-1 with extra code and V3 to work with 60-2 flywheel.

one extra coil driver for wasted spark ignition.

wideband lambda and controller for accurate mapping.

They then advise to run with map sensor as without it means alpha N mapping which is more difficult.

Can you tell me, on your bike bodies which injectors you are using and where are they placed? How far are your bodies from the head etc. Any close up pics?

thanks

quick edit, with the wasted spark what do you use? I assumed it was the individual coil packs but you suggest something different? do you still need ignition amps or coils etc?

Hi again,

Graham beat me to it, but he's entirely correct. Use wasted spark coil as photo, and have the MS configured with the 2 drivers - you then do not need any other ignition components except suitable plug leads (corsa 16v).

As stated previously I'm running R1 CARBS (although I do have some R1 bodies to play with in due course), so my map is only suitable for spark and is alpha N based.

Also bear in mind that MS does take a considerable investment in time to fully understand and set up - in my case a lot simpler because its spark only and its a track car so the spark map was relatively straight forward.

Feel free to PM me if I can help - sometimes takes a while to respond as I work away a bit.

Regards

Jon

Richie-Van-GTi

Thanks for the info graham and jon, didnt read right earlier thought you said you were using bodies!! lol

I'll have to scour the breakers locally and look for one of them wasted spark coils unles I can run the xuj4r coils instead? The ones I have are a fixed bank of 4?

pug_ham
I'll have to scour the breakers locally and look for one of them wasted spark coils unles I can run the xuj4r coils instead?

Those ones are usually easy enough to find, they are fitted to a whole range of PSA cars. ZX, late 205, 306, 405, 406, Zantia...

Probably far simpler to wire up than a bank of four & less setting up.

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

problem solved, got one of them coils from breakers today for the hefty sum of £10

jonand
problem solved, got one of them coils from breakers today for the hefty sum of £10

That was quick - did you get the plug and some connecting cable ? it makes it so much easier when you come to wire it all up.

Jon

pug_ham
Crikey, last time I got one it came with the thermostat housing & my local scrapyard only charged £12 for the lot.

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

should of said, it is still bolted to the thermo housing B) , didnt think to get the plug, sure I can rob one of them from a breakers though

Sign in to follow this