• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

Boot Soundproofing?

flipperthebushkangaroo

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can use to replace the origional underfelt in the boot mine has fallen apart after getting wet or the n'th time. not sure what would be suitable (once the rust and leaks are sorted properly!!!!!!!!!), also were can i get bungs for the floor and capet hold down things?

Thanks for the help in advance. :huh:

welshpug

you'll get the bungs from either Peugeot or the scrapyard, or a helpfull member here.

as for soundproofing I got some Dynamat off ebay, IIRC I got 3sq feet and it was just enough to cover the boot and go just under the rear seat to the well under the rear bench.

I covered it with an offcut of tough carpet I bought.

GTI6BOY

ive got a roll of similer stuff to the original, and its about 1200 wide and i will charge £5pm delivered

DSC00413.jpg

thanks

flipperthebushkangaroo

Thank you all for the advice, will see if it gets through its MOT tomorrow (Just dropped it off at the garage) then have to change the passengers door and blower fan. boot is next unless the garage have other ideas!!!!!!!!! :D . Still at least it will be back on the road again i hope :D

Again thanks very much.

Sign in to follow this