• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stu@

Sensor loom & 2 Brown Multiplugs

Guest Stu@

Just started to wire in my bx loom for the 16 v conversion and have managed to get stuck already!

Ive done a search and got loads of info on which wires to join etc but the bit Im stuck on is "separarte the 8v sensor loom" I think this means I need to keep all the wires that come from the 2 brown plugs under the dash - is this correct?

In my naivety I thought that all the wiring from these 2 plugs would just separate from the system loom but no there all bloody joined together. So I'm obviously gonna have to start cutting wires - but which ones?

also there is a black box (relay I think?) near my 8v ecu do I need to keep this?

C_W

Yea the two brown plugs are pretty much the "sensor" loom. If you unwrapp them from that end as far into your loom as you can then mate them to the corresponding BX wires and tape it all back together.

Grim.Badger

When I removed one from a CTi the only cutting I had to do was to separate the starter solenoid wire from something else (AFM wires I think) as for some reason they were shrink-wrapped togther half way down the loom.

If you open up the cable tidy on the main engine loom it should be easy enough to pull the sensor loom out.

Guest Stu@

riiiiiiight, I can separate the larger brown plug and wiring easily enough but the smaller brown plug has wires going to both the ecu and to the relay (i think its a relay) near to the ecu. Can i just cut these wires or do I need them?

Guest Stu@

After reading some of the info on this site I think Ive sorted out how to strip out/wire the 205 sensor loom for my bx conversion but before I start chopping wires can someone please tell me if Ive got it right

Small brown plug

Thick Red Wire (goes to coil plug) - no longer needed

Thin yellow wire (goes to tachy relay) - no longer needed

Thick yellow and green wire - earth to steering column

Thick white wire - connect to yellow fuel pump wire near the 16v ecu

Thin grey wire (rev counter) - connect to yellow wire in the bx 2 pin white plug

Large brown plug

the only wire connecting this to the ecu loom is a thin blue wire. This wire runs between the under dash brown multiplug to the multiplug with all the sensors coming off it. About halfway down this blue wire, 3 further blue wires are soldered in:

1. goes to 8v ecu plug

2. goes to tachy relay

3. goes to a mystery black plug

Do I only need the blue wire connecting the two brown plugs together and cut the rest?

Sorry for information overload but I really nneed a bit of help with this! Cheers in advance.

pug_ham

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=70790&hl=

The smaller brown pug has some wires you need to connect up to the BX loom, fuel pump (white #76), coil feed (red #2) & blue / grey wire rev counter (112).

The blue wire that connects to the ecu plug isn't needed afaik, its part of the SAD/ starter wiring on the 8v but you can chop it out where it branches off.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this