• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

106 Xsi Emissions Failure

Monkey

CO2 too high, Lambda too low apparently.

Peugeot 106 XSi 1.4

Anybody got any thoughts?

New Lambda sensor, new(ish) CAT, ECU 3 years old, engine has £500 bill from 3 years ago for top overhaul.

How do I get those amounts sorted?

Richie-Van-GTi

how far out were emissions? If its just a small amount then redex and a good blast may sort it, if they are way out then a new lambda. buypartsby do nice cheap generic ones that do the job just fine.

Monkey

Already fitted brand new lamda!

Im thinking redex, go for a good 'spirited drive' and use up all fuel, then fill with tesco 99 stuff and cross fingers :)

I was just hoping somebody might have miracle solution :D

Richie-Van-GTi

raising the idle often helps :)

ablister

can't raise idle as idle speed is tested.

Change the oil and getting one of those engine flush things usually works. Also give the engine a good blast before it gets tested again to get the cat as hot as possible.

Lambda too lean could be caused by air leak, quite common around the lambda probe socket on exhaust on tu engines

Monkey

Can anybody tell me how the Rev counter on the 106 works?

It seems very wrong on this car. If the same thing telling the counter is telling the ecu the revvs it would explain alot. :P

Guest cknotty

I would have thought it comes from crankshaft position sensor, at the bottom of the engine, by the flywheel. From the wiring diagrams, wires 132 and 133 come out of it and go into the ECU. The rev counter wire 426 comes out of the ECU and then on to the rev counter.

Having said that, if there is no signal coming from the crankshaft position sensor, then the engine would not fire as the ECU wouldn't know the engine is rotating at all. Perhaps yours is either misaligned or on the way out?

Hope this helps

Chris ;)

Monkey

Is your XSi the 1.4 or 1.6?

Guest cknotty
Is your XSi the 1.4 or 1.6?

1.4 ;)

Monkey

This one is too ;)

Utter pain it is!

Planning on head rebuild this weekend I think :)

Guest cknotty

Good luck! ;)

If there is anything you want to take a look at on mine, as you're not that far from me :D drop me a PM and we can sort something out... :)

Chris

Monkey

Thanks very much, will let you know on that one ;)

If you like boats, might be able to arrange some sailing in return on my boat :)

Rob Thomson

Personally can't see how CO2 and Lambda problem can be anything to do with the head needing a rebuild. Got to be something wrong with the injection or exhaust, surely?

Wouldn't it be easier to find a slightly dodgy MOT tester?

Monkey

I could really do with that to be honest... If anybody would like to advise me of good MOT place I would me happy to receive their PM.

Cant see anything wrong on injection side, is running totally fine...

Could be another exhaust blow I suppose, that would cause it!

welshpug

i've had a few cars that run fine but fail the MOT on emissions, one was a tweak of the AFM, the other was a fooked Lambda sensor.

Monkey

Any ideas about servicing AFM on this 106 XSI? It would explain alot :D

Sign in to follow this