• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Help Please , Car Has Gone So Slow!

djinuk

ok ive just done the headgasket on a 1360xs 205. had all the head reconed, put it all together and its running. The carb has just been setup by a local garage but the car seems so slow , its like the revs are so high but yet its not pulling how it used to , after inspection i have found there are 2 studs missing from the manifold and the downpipe is blowing so i am going to sort this tonight. Is this likely to be the problem or is it going to be somthing more serious as its got me concerned. thanks It also seems to want to idle higher and if the revs drop it struggles to keep going aswell as when changing gear the car jolts which it never used to do.

johnnyboy666

the car will be slower if the manifold or down pipe is blowing, i drove my car to work with no centre pipe or back box (long story) but i couldnt get over 40mph

djinuk

Thats good news then in a strange way :). I will let you know how i go, the car jst sounds tinny and like it has no pressure

johnnyboy666

either way if you sort that out first, if there is something else wrong it'll be easier to pinpoint

danpug

Could possibly be the clutch??

djinuk

nah not the clutch , its feels far to strong. almost feels like i have no airfilter on

Casanova

After I did rebuld on my XS engine it was running like a bag of spanners. Would barely idle, no matter how we varied the mixture or timing, and had barely enough juddery power to drag itself around. It turned out I'd connected the HT leads back up in the wrong order...

§

djinuk

hmm, is there any way of tracing wich ht should go where. I am 90% sure they are back on correct though

welshpug

doubt its the airfilter, mine went like stink without one :o

have a search, there are a few topics with pics of where to route the plug leads.

check the afm is plugged in too...

djinuk

afm, is...?? sorry hehe

Casanova

There's no AFM on an XS, thats only on injection models.

§

welshpug

doh :) maybe you need one....

Sign in to follow this