• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

1.6 1.9 Wheel Nuts

TaffyTim

ok im ready to get shot down in flames of abuse, but are the wheel nuts the same for 1.9 and 1.6's

I know the answer is yes but when they are advertised in our for sale section the sellers refer to them by their engine size???

A simple confirmation that they are (or not) both the same nut is fine, but if you do want to vent some of your monday aggression in a reply thats ok too as long as you cure my confusion.

findlay

They're different lengths, 1.6 wheels have deep recesses for the studs, 1.9 wheels dont. Ditto the above for 106 GTi and 306 GTi wheels :)

TaffyTim

Thanks findlay.

So if i have a 1.6 car which has 1.9 alloys on it i will need to source a set of 1.9 nuts if im replacing a few.

Is that right?

Ryan

The threads are the same size and length, but the bolt head on the 1.6 nuts is slightly longer. You can fit either nut to either style of wheel, but sharp-eyed people (annoraks :)) will notice the difference.

findlay
Thanks findlay.

So if i have a 1.6 car which has 1.9 alloys on it i will need to source a set of 1.9 nuts if im replacing a few.

Is that right?

Exactly, the 1.6 studs look a bit silly on 1.9 wheels and vice versa. It'll loo far better with the right length of studs fitted.

TaffyTim
The threads are the same size and length, but the bolt head on the 1.6 nuts is slightly longer. You can fit either nut to either style of wheel, but sharp-eyed people (annoraks :wacko:) will notice the difference.

ah I see :P

Sign in to follow this