• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ade

309 Rear Beam And Lowering

Ade

Ok I've done a search and couldn't find any solid recommendations. As always there would appear to a mixed train of thought.

I recently aquired an Mi'd 205 with mi gearbox quaife lsd 306 shocks 306 brakes at the front, 309 springs at the front and a 309 rear beam.

Now other than a strangley light straight line characteristic (feels great in corners just driving along a straight road it feels very light around the centre point) I'm very happy with the way the car handles but I feel there's a bit more body roll than I'd like.

So to try and reduce that I'm thinking of lowering the ride height. I don't want the car to become rigid and unpleasant to drive on the roads and I'd prefer it if the rear tyres didn't scrub the arches too much. I'm unlikley to have passengers in it often and I'm after it being fun for road use but not too sloppy for some track fun.

From what I read some thought it should never rub aslong as the bump stops are still there and others thought they rub without even lowering the car.

So (finally) what I'm after is opinions of if I should lower the car at all and if so what sort of height reduction should I try?

Thanks for reading and any help :D

Ade

jackherer
Now other than a strangley light straight line characteristic (feels great in corners just driving along a straight road it feels very light around the centre point)

Does it have 309 wishbones? They give more grip while cornering but less in a straight line.

taylorspug

Well my 309 beam rubs slightly on the front of the arch, although it is pretty low (a bit too low if im honest). My car has standard dampers and brand new OE bumpstops. There are pictures in my sig.

Ade
Does it have 309 wishbones? They give more grip while cornering but less in a straight line.

I have just confirmed the wishbones are all 205s. But thanks that would of been nice if it meant nothing was wrong :D

Well my 309 beam rubs slightly on the front of the arch, although it is pretty low (a bit too low if im honest). My car has standard dampers and brand new OE bumpstops. There are pictures in my sig.

Thanks thats great, your car doesn't look drastically too low to me. It's certainly quite a bit lower than mine though so I think I could be safe to take a bit out of the ride height without causing to problems :P

Will keep fingers crossed :D

Sign in to follow this