• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Gear Shift Bushes

GLPoomobile

In the near future I intend to buy one of Miles' short shift gear levers and full set of uprated gear rods.

I've just seen these AB Motorsport Bronze gear lever bushes on eBay (item 230117701837) and wondered if they would be worth fitting at the same time :)

welshpug

bloomin expensive for 2 bushes, IIRC Miles or XSport used to do a proper bearing kit to replace the bush for not much more.

found it, item number 250024811883

GLPoomobile
bloomin expensive for 2 bushes, IIRC Miles or XSport used to do a proper bearing kit to replace the bush for not much more.

found it, item number 250024811883

Eh? I don't get it? :)

You said it's exepensive but the item you mention is even more expensive :o And a different product!

welshpug

indeed, but a much much better product ;)

Craigb
Eh? I don't get it? ;)

You said it's exepensive but the item you mention is even more expensive :blink: And a different product!

The ab kit is 4 bushes , two of which do the job that the Xsport kit does , one is a more complicated bearing system the other a plain phosphor bronze kit .

I have no experience of teh x sport kit , but i have teh ab kit fitted to my linkage . it improve the feel no end , and removes the sloppiness.

Miles

I;ve found some std Pug bushes which do the job, just need slight maching and they work a treat, Will be nice and cheap too so if you can hang on watch this space

VisaGTi16v

I replaced the two subframe pivot ones on my Visa with some new cheap standard ones. There is 0 slack on the pivot. The only slack, about 1 inch forward and back in total with the lever (same as most new cars) is 1/3 the plastic cups and the other 2/3 the actual link rod coming out of the box

Edited by VisaGTi16v

205mattgti

where is the best place to get theses bushes from

VisaGTi16v

I got mine from a Citroen main dealer, were only a couple of pounds I think so just go to Peugeot but make sure they bring the diagram up on the screen so that you can confirm its the correct bit

Sign in to follow this