• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

When Did Tu Engines Get Cats?

macaroni

Would a K-reg 1.1 205 have a cat converter fitted?

GazRallye

Possibly, my mate has a 1.1 on a J that is carb, i've seen K plates down the breakers that are on injection and therefore have a cat

My old AX was an early K from 1992, that was a 1.1i with a cat, think the new emissions law or whatever it was came out for the first of the K plates as far as i know

stealth_pug

My K plate 205 1.1 was a carb with no cat. I think it was somewhere between the K plate as L plates had Cats.

number2301

I seem to remember seeing a CAT 106 XSi 1.4 on a 91 plate. I imagine its like the 205 where it was optional for a while?

Sandy

More than likely. I used to read Autocar in the library at college every week around 91-92 (beat telecoms lectures!), most Peugeots had a cat option about then.

Rippthrough

'93 standard fit IIRC.

DaveW

My rallye is a 93 no cat as its on a carb.

welshpug

thats because it was produced before august 1st 1993 :)

Guest martyn_mcg

you can take your cat off any car with a carb even if it was made after august 1993, i had a late 93 mini which i took the cat off and that past 2 mots fine, i even asked the mot inspector and he said its not a problem!!! (ring your local mot station and check but i do belive this to be a perfectly legal loophole)

Casanova

You can take the cat off your brand new car as long as it passes the appropriate emissions test at MOT time. Its just that most cars which have a cat have it because they need it to pass.

§

swordfish210

"Cars produced after 31st July 1992 must be fitted with a catalitic converter" according to my MOT tester

Guest martyn_mcg

hmm.. i i do belive that if your car passes the emissions test it dosent matter if there is a cat or not, i was told from several people prior to taking the cat of my old car that it would be fine, and as i said i went through 2 mot's without it.

Sign in to follow this