• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Boris

Xu To Tu

Boris

The car is 205 GTi 1.6 87 with 105h.p.(180z) engine.Be1 gearbox.

I have a nice Tu5j2 engine with gearbox from 106 S2 in a good condition.The Eco and everything from electrical system is on the engine.

Is anybody do this operation?

And what I must change(ex: gear links, driveshafts....?)

Can help me with pics?

Sandy

It's a fair bit of work. You will need to change the drive shafts, gear linkages (including modifying the subframe for the TU linkage supports), use the right hand side mount from a late 205 TU. the TU5J2 is a lovely engine though and I can see the logic, sadly the MA gearbox will be a retrograde step. The TU to BE3 bellhousing from 307 etc with a wise selection of BE3 internals, would be nicer.

Boris

Thanks Sandy309,

use the right hand side mount from a late 205 TU

Can you show me some pics to understand what is the difference.

The drive shafts,gear linkages and the supports for the subframe are all here.

the MA gearbox will be a retrograde step

I have it already mount on the engine.Is it a big problem to use

The other gearbox is Be1(with close ratio).May I heve a problem to fit it, and what drive shafts to use then?

I think that the electrical part is intricacy.

If anyone do this operation pls help me:)

Sandy

The top right engine mount from TU 205's from 1990 is the one.

You can use the MA box no problem, I just don't like the shift, weak synchros and 1st-2nd gear yawning gap in ratios.

A BE1 won't fit the TU without extensive fabrication, don't even think about it!

bren_1.3
A BE1 won't fit the TU without extensive fabrication, don't even think about it!

how extensive is extensive? is there a great deal of difference between BE3 and BE1?

Sandy

The BE3 would be an epic to fit too, but the BE4 from the 307 (just noticed i said BE3 in a previous post, sorry!) was used with a TU bellhousing, same in Picasso, C4, late 206 etc. It's not bolt on, but it's not too bad.

bren_1.3

i guess there no two ways about it, its just a b*stard of a job.

Boris

Ok here is the car

Pics12.jpg

Pics07.jpg

and here is the engine - lovely 106 S2 - that will fitt with Ma gerabox and drive shafts from 205 TU(small model - 1.1, 1.4)

Image833.jpg

I'll use a GTi's top mount and rework the gear linkages from Xu to Tu (from 205)

The down pipe must be modify like this to the moment when put a 4-2-1

06-01-06_13-21.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Boris

TKH
The BE3 would be an epic to fit too, but the BE4 from the 307 (just noticed i said BE3 in a previous post, sorry!) was used with a TU bellhousing, same in Picasso, C4, late 206 etc. It's not bolt on, but it's not too bad.

Its not that hard really. You just get the bellhousing from any good Peugeot Sport dealer. Its not that hard to do really. Or you can get a full box from old 106cup cars all came with BE3 boxs on TU engines. The early 106 MAXIs had a very nice 6 speed BE3.

bren_1.3
Its not that hard really. You just get the bellhousing from any good Peugeot Sport dealer. Its not that hard to do really. Or you can get a full box from old 106cup cars all came with BE3 boxs on TU engines. The early 106 MAXIs had a very nice 6 speed BE3.

all i read here is £££££££££££££££££££££££££££.

Boris

;) here in my country is difficult to find a good 106 S2 or a Saxo ,

what about a spec. rally cars or a parts for them...

I'm still runing the Tu project and soon I'll post photos :P

Sign in to follow this