• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Livelee

What Inlet On An Xu10 Engine

Livelee

What inlet should I use on the engine i'm building? I have access to both, the car is for track only. I like the idea of using the mi16 as it's alot cleaner and simpler, Also I have a larger VAG TB for it. The engine will have a stage 2 petert cam and an mi16 crank.

welshpug

both the same buddy! use the GTi6 one.

Livelee

Eh? no they are different. The s16 is a big long plastic thing. And I dont have a gti6 one. :-)

Edited by Livelee

welshpug

so is my mi16

Livelee

Humm, every 1.9 mi16 i've ever seen has a smaller alloy one.

welshpug

you never said 1.9 :D dont think it fits easily anyway, which the gti6 doesn and works well.

Livelee

I thought the heads were the same? I guess I should check it out as that may make my mind up.

Alastairh

For your engine id choose GTI6 then 1.9 alloy then S16.

Im having problems with my brothers S16, but for the cost of 2 Acav things you can buy a Gti6 with bigger Tb anyway and simple!

Alastair

Livelee

Cheers Alastairh.

I guess the same question (and probably answer) could be asked for the exhaust manifold.

welshpug

no the gti6 wont fit and IIRC the 1.9 manifopld has different studs as well though the pots arent too far, best off using a tubular one like miles supplies for a very reasonable amount

Livelee
no the gti6 wont fit and IIRC the 1.9 manifopld has different studs as well though the pots arent too far, best off using a tubular one like miles supplies for a very reasonable amount

Refering to the exhaust now, yeah? :D Is the s16 exhaust no good?

welshpug

yep, the exhaust :(:D tis good for a fair few BHP, but will be better with a proper tubular jobbie, though you dont need to mess with it as it fits straight in a 309/205.

and dont you mean ZX16v :blink: just in the process of working otu what will transfer over to my 6 lump now and it looks like the alte4rnator and p/s mounts and all that will work :D

Livelee

Yeah it's from my ZX. So many differeing ways to refer to the engine. I prefer s16 as that definately makes it a 2.0ltr. I've always called the 1.9 an mi16.

Cheers for the exhaust heads up. I'm already watching inlets and exhausts on ebay and have pm'd a few people selling them. :-)

I'll contact Miles regarding the exhaust and also consult with petert.

Edited by Livelee

Miles

The GTi6 Inlet needs a remap if your using the Std ECU thou so by the time thats done it's alomst as cheap to buy a Aftermarket ECU, it never stop's..

petert
Refering to the exhaust now, yeah? :P Is the s16 exhaust no good?

There's nothing wrong with the S16 exhaust. People think that because it's cast it must be crap. However, its a nice 4-2-1 design. Remember what people thought about the 8V exhaust? It's pretty hard to improve on. Given the complexities of fitting the GTi6 exhaust, I fit the S16. The other advantage is that the 205 down pipe bolts straight on!

The 1.9L inlet will fit the 2.0L head if you modify the manifold to fit the new location of the alignement dowels. The simplest method is to use a hacksaw (then file) to slot the existing holes. Then the manifold will fit either head.

Livelee
The GTi6 Inlet needs a remap if your using the Std ECU thou so by the time thats done it's alomst as cheap to buy a Aftermarket ECU, it never stop's..

I'll be using a VEMS ECU.

There's nothing wrong with the S16 exhaust. People think that because it's cast it must be crap. However, its a nice 4-2-1 design. Remember what people thought about the 8V exhaust? It's pretty hard to improve on. Given the complexities of fitting the GTi6 exhaust, I fit the S16. The other advantage is that the 205 down pipe bolts straight on!

The 1.9L inlet will fit the 2.0L head if you modify the manifold to fit the new location of the alignement dowels. The simplest method is to use a hacksaw (then file) to slot the existing holes. Then the manifold will fit either head.

Excellent peter, thank you. You've made the rebuild easier and cheaper, again. :P So out of the 2 I have you'd fit the 1.9 over the large plastic vairable length thingy found on the 2.0?

Edited by Livelee

maxi
I'll be using a VEMS ECU.

Excellent peter, thank you. You've made the rebuild easier and cheaper, again. :P So out of the 2 I have you'd fit the 1.9 over the large plastic vairable length thingy found on the 2.0?

If you are using an aftermarkett ECU and you have a choice out of a 1900 mi inlet manifold and the s*itty plastic 2.0 one then you'd be silly not to get rid of all that vacumn s*ite and at the same time earn yourself a few ponies. Please bear in mind the mi's make more peak BHP with a shortened inlet, so I would shorten it at the same time.

In an ideal world, a gti6 inlet manifold is the one to go for but to keep costs low and out of the two you have, got for the 1900 inlet.

Maxi

Livelee

There's nothing i'm looking forward to more than dumping all the extra pipework and wires. I'll probably make a fresh loom up as well.

Are there any threads around showing exactly what can be lost on the engine?

Sign in to follow this