• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti_al

Seats

gti_al

Has anyone fitted seats from another manafacturer? I've seen a few with Rover fronts, but they weren't sold here...

I've noticed some of the hondas and subarus seem to have decent looking seats - integra type r, wrx etc. Does anyone know if it is reasonably straightforward to fit them?

I currently have corbeau buckets and they are giving me the s*its... they aren't particularly comfortable, and they are actually giving me a sore back when i'm stuck in the car for long periods of time. I find standard seats (even without tilters/spacers) too high as i'm 6'4.

Any suggestions?

Ryan

You can probably fit just about anything if you make up the right brackets. Even if you just bolt some metal strips across the bottom of the new seats and then use that as a base for mounting the pug seat rails.

gti_al

That is true... i've tried other pug seats and they don't really work. I was kinda hoping someone could do the thinking for me and tell me makes/models etc! :ph34r:

I haven't really looked into it yet, but i was after some suggestions. I'm not into the jap scene much, but feel something from that scene might offer a compromise between comfort and performance. (probably not the right word for a seat)

d-9

R19 16v seats are really good.

gti_al

After seeing some pics in the other seats thread, i might try the 405 leathers that are in the garage... headroom will be an issue, but it might be ok. I would rather spend cash on the mi16 that is being build than stuffing around with seats.

Does anyone know if leather dye will make grey leather black?

Edited by gti_al

number2301
R19 16v seats are really good.

If they're similar to the Clio 16v seats yes they're very good, much better than 205 ones. But I suspect he may have the same problems with height.

Guest PaulTheWall

Im going to attempt to mod some 106 rallye seats to fit in the 205, Not ideal as i find the Ph1 1.6 seats very comfy. they just look like they have been someone or somthings meal lol

either that or attempt to repair them with random foam & gaffer tape then get some seat covers fabric welded (sewn) on. for a temp fix.

Edited by PaulTheWall

Peetypug

a while ago there was a guy selling an audi a3 leather interior that he had fiited in his 205

it looked factory fitted it was that well done

DamirGTI
Citroen xm turbo leather

sexy ! :)

yes Citroen XM CT has really nice/comfort seats :P

gti_al
Xm_seats_x3.sized.jpg

Citroen xm turbo leather

It is funny that you posted that again. I thought it looked so good i basically copied it... except with 405 leathers which are still grey. I even did a phase 1 to 2 dash swap! I'm still finishing it, but it is getting there.

Seriously, it looks (ed?) amazingly good

What was the verdict on spraying seats black? Anyone had sucess?

huckleberry

I have 2 Recaro SR seats in my car right now. I REALY enjoy these (the picture only shows one right now). I've had the standard half-leathers in black/red and they gave me a painful back after long drives, Then I had the 309gti16 seats (the second seat in the picture). They are very good seats although they're slightly higher so I felt like a giant in a 205 and I'm only about 1 meter 90 cm's. But I never had a painful back with them. Now I have two Recaro SR seats and they are the best yet. No pack pain and they fit like a glove. They aren't very much lower than standard seats thought. And the subframes are expensive to say the least! So if you're good with welding and skinny like me, buy some second hand Recaro SR's of Speeds and fit'm low.

Tim

post-3374-1195131244_thumb.jpg

skeggyrik

i have no idea if they would fit but MR2 turbo seats are nice. There' Lots of cheapo turbos about so there should be a few seats knocking round. They still flip forward too. I always liked them and spent hours in these, M6 motorway driving for year! not the best on fuel but i wasn't paying!!

post-8632-1195154869_thumb.jpg

large

Sparco sorry i dont know the name but they are £100 each and aremuch better than the ones you have now

pacey205

And of course theres the ubiqutous 309 Goodwood leather. I find mine very comfy to drive in.

dsc01562ay1.th.jpg

Michael

gti_al

I should mention that i have solved this issue... i think someone dug this thread up.

I went with the 405 leathers i had in the garage, as it seemed a cheap and easy solution. I wasn't happy with the height, so i removed the tilter and spacers at the back - now they sit at a good angle, and with adjustable lumbar support are very comfortable.

The only problem is that they are grey, and my interior is black.

Frequentflyer
I should mention that i have solved this issue... i think someone dug this thread up.

I went with the 405 leathers i had in the garage, as it seemed a cheap and easy solution. I wasn't happy with the height, so i removed the tilter and spacers at the back - now they sit at a good angle, and with adjustable lumbar support are very comfortable.

The only problem is that they are grey, and my interior is black.

Hi Al,

I fitted 405 front all-leathers (black) two or three years ago, and they are really comfortable. Fortunately I am only 5' 9", so they work/slide/tilt well on the standard 205 sub-frames (with the required bracket), but I see that there could be a problem for someone of your height.

However, I am interested in your quest to turn grey leather into black, as I have some 205 all-leather back seats, but unfortunately they are dark grey, with red edging/stitching - so if you look closely they don't quite look the part. There have been a few threads about dyeing leather, but I have not seen one which proclaims 100% lasting satisfaction! Please let me know how you get along if you do try it.

What have you got in the back?

I presume that Peugeot must have produced some up-market 205s with all-leather black seats, but I have never seen just back seats in this combination offered for sale, and certainly not ones for a CTI!

Cheers - Roy

gti_al

I'm just getting the rears retrimmed in leather.

I'm not sure about changing the colour though. My trimmer can do the fronts for $200 - 300, but i think there has to be a cheap solution. I have been considering spraying them with vinyl dye, but i don't know how that would last.

Sign in to follow this