• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Glove Box

fencer

My Base Model 205 came without the glove box door and was thinking of fitting one.

Up to my knowledge I will be needing:

• glove box Door + Lock
  • Catch
  • Switch + Light

I'm not sure if i will be needing the Surround too. Has anyone done this before or can send me some pics to see if this is the same as mine?

Phil H

you will need the mounting panel that houses the switch and light as the base model does not have the lugs for locating the glovebox.

fencer

ok, so i got the glove box door and tried to fit it in but it seems that i'm missing some kind of hinges .. any idea what they are?

Also. since my 205 (was) a base model the grey of the door is a bit darker so it look horrible with the rest of the dash.

I figured 2 possible solutions:

1) Finding a base model Glove box, but did base model have glovebox?

2) Changing the lower dash, but I live in Malta so, what will shipping be like? Price I mean.

Super Josh

If you've fitted a glove box from a grey dashed GTi, then it will be darker, as you say. It's called Dark Anthracite, colour code FTW. You should be able to get a glove box from a lesser model in the same colour that you have. Maybe something like an XS model?

Josh

Sign in to follow this