• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

New Wishbones Needed

Rupertfinch

Fitted the Motaquip wishbones (£60 for both) yesterday. Hate 18mm spanners and rusted bolts, can still taste WD40 and can't turn my neck to the right!

What a phenomenal improvement! I know people get religious about the merits of new 'bones, but until you experience it for yourself it all rings a bit hollow. But, it really makes it tighter on the road, I genuinely feel that £60 and a few hours of my time has improved the car by 15%, and that's before I replace the odd front shocks with new Bilsteins, SKF bearings and BBM fast road topmounts! Oh Lordy!

Word of approval for Motaquip, intended to have original bushes pressed out and replace them with the replacement set from Peugeot (seemed like a bit of a pain but reckoned that the Pug bushes would be better), then I had a careful look at the installed bushes - the had the same serial numbers as the Peugeot items. So they might be OE pug/they might not, but it saved me arsing about on a press. Bottom line - very chuffed, and when those bushes wear, I stick in the pug ones. Jobs a good 'un.

Go get new wishbones!

Rupertfinch

Just to further this. The bugger that sold me the ebay wishbone, has got the other side now on fleabay. Try a search. If you're in the market for new ones, this one's for the right hand side OSF. It's on for chuff all money and made by Motaquip (so as good as buying a dealers one) and as I said in the post above it's also got the same bushes that Pug supply.

Anyway just a heads up - if you get it cheap then a Motaquip 'factor should be able to get a matching one for around £40. Could be a bargain! By the way, it's not me that's selling it, I wish, the blokes got about 6000+ feedback!

Sign in to follow this