• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Temp Related Problems

djinuk

I have a 1.4 xs with the tu engine. Today ive had problems with the car overheating, every so often and was told its the thermostat which i will buy tomorow howver one of the bolt holding the thermostat plate had corroded and broke so i only have 1 decent bolt in the bottom. Can i buy a new thermostat casing or should i remove it , re-tap it and get a new bolt ? here is a pic.

tttt.jpg

The rest of the bolt is still in the hole so will need drilling which could be fiddely.

swordfish210

i would replace the whole thremostat, least it wont be a bodge then and it should give you piece of mind about the cooling system

Casanova

Find another thermostat housing in a scrappy (any TU car should do). Probably won't cost you any more if you take all the bolts and the thermostat from it, too.

§

djinuk

last nite i re-tapped the thermostat , bolted it back together without one in and used instant gasket so i have a car for a bit but im ordering a new thermostat today :( cheers

Sign in to follow this