• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Leon C

How Much?

Leon C

I'm now in the process of stripping my XS (at long last!) after it was shunted up the arse and written off.

So I was wondering how much a good condition, 110k mile TU3S with a good gearbox would fetch? And also how much for the original carb + inlet manifold?

Cheers Leon.

Casanova
I'm now in the process of stripping my XS (at long last!) after it was shunted up the arse and written off.

So I was wondering how much a good condition, 110k mile TU3S with a good gearbox would fetch? And also how much for the original carb + inlet manifold?

Cheers Leon.

Carbs tend to go around the £20 mark on ebay, maybe up to £30 with the fanimould.

I've bought two XS engines in the last year, one was £60 with a bit of play in one piston, including alternator and downpipe but not gearbox, starter or carb. Think I paid a bit too much given the condition, but I needed it in a hurry! Found it through ebay where it had just finished for £25, no bids.

The second one was "from a low mileage AXGT" but looks a lot older and cruddier. Includes box, carb, alternator, starter, everything but no idea as to condition as I haven't split it apart yet. £50 for that one (advertised at £70).

If the components are still in the car (i.e. demonstrably working) then I'd ask for perhaps £70 the lot. It varies massively though, just depending on who's out there, how desperate they are and how much they're willing to pay. There was one on ebay recently with 52k including gearbox, ancillaries, everything. Reserve was £80 but didn't sell, although I think that was mostly location - it was on the Isle of Sheppey. I'd have bitten his arm off at the time otherwise!

Hope that helps.

§

Edited by Casanova

t16ryan

Best to sell the gearbox, carb seperalty from the engine, you will prob get around £50-£70 for engine, carb £30ish, and box around £40 :ph34r:

Leon C

Cheers fellas.

The engine was running brilliantly before the rear ender but its now been sitting in the car for 18 months, so I couldn't honestly say if its still as good or not. I've used a lot of the parts to get my GTI running plus I've already ripped out the loom, carbs, manifold, starter motor etc so it can't be seen running.

The plugs have about 10 miles on them though! :ph34r:

May sell the gearbox separate then.

Sign in to follow this