• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
V8Pete

8v Inlet Manifold Drawing / Cad

V8Pete

Hi, just wondering if anyone in their wisdom has decided to measure and draw the plate on the inlet manifold that mates to the head, and wouldn't mind sharing.

I'm going down the quad throttle body route, but would rather not 'cut and shut' an existing manifold in case it goes pear shaped. Also, measuring it means taking mine off, and that means not being able to drive :lol:

benlilly
Hi, just wondering if anyone in their wisdom has decided to measure and draw the plate on the inlet manifold that mates to the head, and wouldn't mind sharing.

I'm going down the quad throttle body route, but would rather not 'cut and shut' an existing manifold in case it goes pear shaped. Also, measuring it means taking mine off, and that means not being able to drive :lol:

Hi Pete,

Std 8V manifolds pop up on ebay or on the 'for sale' section on here all the time. You should be able to get yourself a spare for about £10 + postage.

Alternatively, Bogg Brothers Fabrication have made lots of bike throttle body (I presume this is the route you are taking) 8V 205 manifolds and have patterns.

http://www.boggbros.co.uk/

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by benlilly

V8Pete
Hi Pete,

Std 8V manifolds pop up on ebay or on the 'for sale' section on here all the time. You should be able to get yourself a spare for about £10 + postage.

Alternatively, Bogg Brothers Fabrication have made lots of bike throttle body (I presume this is the route you are taking) 8V 205 manifolds and have patterns.

http://www.boggbros.co.uk/

Cheers,

Ben

"+ postage" That's the bit I'm worried about :lol:

I'm going for Toyota quads - I have a set of 45s and 43s. I pulled apart the 45s today and the TB outlet shape is a mess - it starts to taper for the head inlet port. I've heard the 43s are almost, if not exactly round so I'll have a look at them tomorrow and hopefully they'll be a goer.

Thanks for the bogbros link - I might investigate buying just a cut plate off them if the postage isn't excessive.

Edited by V8Pete

V8Pete

Hmmm - have Bogbros got an email address? Probably be easier than trying to jack everything up over the phone.

benlilly

Don't think they have email but they might have a fax machine.

Richie-Van-GTi

I have a scrap plenum in the garage, I could hack the base plate part off and post it if it helps, should be light enough then.

even that comes out at £29 for delivery.

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

V8Pete

Lol, sounds like I'll be best shopping locally then, or getting off my arse, and getting the verniers out :D

Cheers.

Richie-Van-GTi

how about just buying a gasket, same shape and fitment etc but a lot easier and cheaper.

Sign in to follow this