• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pugw0t

1.6 To 1.9 Bottom Mount And Drive Shaft?

Guest Pugw0t

Well its time for a change of engine so im swapping my 1.6 for a 1.9 (8v) I was basically wondering what else is best to be changed while the engine is out.. my drive shaft is definatley on its way out so will need a new one whats the advantage of a 309 one? and also is it worth upgrading the bottom engine mount?

Mikey G

As you have a 1.6 the 1.9 shafts will not fit the outer hubs. Not sure on 1.6 309 shafts but unless you are going for negative camber the longer shafts will be pointless.

Hard rubber engine mounts are always a good thing :lol:

j_turnell

The 205 1.9 and 309 shafts wont fit your 1.6 hubs. The only reason the 309 shafts are used is when combined with 309 wishbones as this widens the track giving you some negative camber so you need to use the 309 shafts as they are around 10-12mm longer.

Bottom engine mount is a good idea as throttle response will be improved with the reduced engine movement and your less likely to put added stress on other components such as drivetrain/ exhaust etc. Worth checking your top mount aswell and the condition of the rubber buffers.

Sign in to follow this