• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
g60-r

Getting It Looking Sweet Again

g60-r

i'm very happy with the mechanical state of my new 205 1.9 gti :D but as ever and always needing something to play with i want to take a few years off her look. :ph34r:

so firstly, i've just read Andy c's polish and wax artical, very helpful. having not owned a silver car before, how shiney can i get it? My previous car war black and waxed up to a very mirror finish, but not expecting as much from silver, Right or wrong? :P calling the people that know.

Secondly, faded plastic stuff. not a fan 'back to black' just a quick fix really i think. have heared smooth peanut butter is good, not sure i want to go down that route either. what have people done in the past to get bump strips and bumper trim black again? one idea i thought was lacquring the plastic. will it work, :D giving it a wet look all the time.

Cheers all

Roo

Ryan

Halfords Flexible Bumper paint - easy to do (no primer needed) and keeps the texture effect on the trim.

Before:

post-5273-1176207023_thumb.jpg

After:

post-5273-1176207040_thumb.jpg

Guest Pugw0t

Mmm painted trims do look the bolox

lyncho23

i just use auto glm silicone spray

my car

cRaig
i just use auto glm silicone spray

my car

looks good, how long does is last though?

lyncho23

thanks.

it lasts quite a while to be honest with you, well a good month or so, you dont need to use loads of it neither

cRaig

Thats not too bad then. a month is pretty good, im a bit of a car cleaning freak, so its often much less than a month between washes :D

pete1986

That halfords spray looked like it did a pretty good job. Anyone else tried it? Does it flake off easily?

g60-r

cheers all, recon i'm gonna give the flexi bumper spray a go.:)

Andy_C

If you're just down the M3 from me why don't you drop in and I'll give you some pointers - we have 2 silver cars as daily drives and you can achieve a lot with a bit of hard work :)

Sign in to follow this