• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saner

1.6 Gti Leaking Oil Under High Reving, But From Where & Why?!

Guest Saner

Okay, after having sorted out my starting problems, I took the car for a good run. On my return I popped the bonnet to see the battery bubbling out water (acidic) and oil covering this area:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/saner112/010.jpg

Question 1: Why was the battery bubbling?

Question 2: Surely oil is not coming up the pipe that the dipstick uses, so where is it coming from!

Saner

edit; image files sizes under 120k please

nick

Why won't oil come up the dipstick tube?

Nick

Andrwn8304
Okay, after having sorted out my starting problems, I took the car for a good run. On my return I popped the bonnet to see the battery bubbling out water (acidic) and oil covering this area:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/saner112/010.jpg

Question 1: Why was the battery bubbling?

Question 2: Surely oil is not coming up the pipe that the dipstick uses, so where is it coming from!

Saner

1. The battery is either overcharging or you have weak cells, check the charging rate 13.8v to 15v is right. Get a high rate discharge test done on the battery any motor factors can do it and normally do it free of charge :(

2. Check the seals on on the distributor mounting and the big O ring on the distributor these are quite common.

M_R_205

also check that the cast part that fits to the side of the head is on tight (my old cxar the bolt behind the dizzy was missing causing oil to leak everywhere)

pugbliss

where is this bolt behind the dizzy as id like to check mine is still there as ive a oil leak to and trying to fix it?

welshpug

looks like that dipstick isnt pushed in all the way or the seal has gone just under the handle, replace it with a new one from pug if it has (dont bother with egay, costs more online :lol: )

M_R_205
where is this bolt behind the dizzy as id like to check mine is still there as ive a oil leak to and trying to fix it?

cant remember exactly im sure it just sat behind the dizzy set back into the casting, a 4/5/6mm allen bolt

Andrwn8304

Remove the dizzy its located in a recess at the top of the housing.

Edited by Andrwn8304

pugbliss

ive never took a dizzy off before...is it just a case of unbolt-pull off type of affaire????

Andrwn8304
ive never took a dizzy off before...is it just a case of unbolt-pull off type of affaire????

yeh but scratch the top of the housing and dizzy so you line the marks back up to keep the timing where it is set too.

Sign in to follow this