• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
foreigner

Diesel Gti Project Has Passed Pnr (point Of No Return)

foreigner

DISASTER.

My van broke down.

So I need to urgently finish my GTI.

I need someone to do exhast for me. I got the original GTI exhaust and dpipe to fit turbo I just need someone to put it together as I need that quite urgent.

Any help?

DTORU
DISASTER.

My van broke down.

So I need to urgently finish my GTI.

I need someone to do exhast for me. I got the original GTI exhaust and dpipe to fit turbo I just need someone to put it together as I need that quite urgent.

Any help?

A 205 DT Or 306 DT Should go straight on! I use the original 205DT one With A little Mod's to stop rattling it worked fine.

DTORU
No worries mate.

I just want fast diesel car but on the budget.That's why I moved to diesel cars. So your car is different to mine in many ways.

How is the methanol injection? Is it the same system as water injection or it is different?

Now I got standad looking GTI with diesel engine and luckily it might be fast too (one day)

Its The Same as Water injection You Just Use 50/50 MIx of water and 100% Pure Methanol Runs loads cooler than water or water and screenwash.

I had a stock 1.8 turbo diesel running stock parts at 110bhp at the crank, was quicker than the 1.6gti on acceleration but lacked top end speed about 110mph ish. Just wind the boost and fueling up!.

foreigner
Its The Same as Water injection You Just Use 50/50 MIx of water and 100% Pure Methanol Runs loads cooler than water or water and screenwash.

I had a stock 1.8 turbo diesel running stock parts at 110bhp at the crank, was quicker than the 1.6gti on acceleration but lacked top end speed about 110mph ish. Just wind the boost and fueling up!.

How much BHP have you got now?

DTORU
How much BHP have you got now?

170bhp but when i fit the new pump and injectors, high flow air filter and up the boost to 35psi about 200-215bhp + 50bhp nitrous

Thanks

DTORU

foreigner

So I did couple of rounds around the block today.

It was fun to drive with no brake but handbrake.

If shakes like proper shaker. New mounts time I think.

I cannot put reverse in.

What should I check for. I got quickshift fitted. When I was changing lever to fit quickshift the shaft went slightly in. Could this cause not selecting reverse gear in?

I don't think I'd bother with new exhaust for a while. It's not noisy at all, just smoky for a while, while all the oil is burnt away.

I got the brake calipers so will have brakes tomorrow.

Edited by foreigner

foreigner

SORTED.

I got piss*d off, took angle grinder to my other box. cut half of it off. straighten it, drilled three holes and bolted that terrible thing together, i'll see if it works, it should.

got a picture too.

post-8965-1177015106_thumb.jpg

PsychoSimon

^^^ thats what I did on mine. you are meant to be able to swap that arm over if you knock the pin out but i couldnt get mine out so i welded it up

foreigner
^^^ thats what I did on mine. you are meant to be able to swap that arm over if you knock the pin out but i couldnt get mine out so i welded it up

that was the afterplan. I planned to weld it but don't want to risk that. If this last I am happy with that.

foreigner

1.6 ready to leave the car

post-8965-1177025921_thumb.jpg

1.6 has left the car

post-8965-1177025957.jpg

1.9 td ready to be rolled last 100 m (meters)

post-8965-1177026058_thumb.jpg

1.9 td - lift me up

post-8965-1177026310.jpg

1.9 td in but ...

post-8965-1177026119_thumb.jpg

Edited by foreigner

foreigner

Spent all day finishing off my little darling (it's not as bad as i thought it would be).

- got the fuel system running on one pipe

- tried to fit alternator - the clever people in pugs gave me short belt or I got wrong bracket.

- I LOVE BE3 gearbox, to take it out I had to chop the stud on gearbox ( it didn't want to leave otherwise), but on the other hand it only took me 20 min to put my spare in (i was quite surprised)

- tried to fit alternator again but the same and bolt is too long (why didn't i fit when engine was out oh yes I remember it would come in, great)

- fit the caliper from inferno so it's just to bleed them and I got brakes.

- so nearly up and running.

Edited by foreigner

foreigner

Got the car ready. Just to bleed brakes and here I go.

- Alternator was a b*** to fit. Interestingly bracket cost about £60 from my local Pug dealer or £5 from my scrappy (that guy must love me)

- s I got all 5 gears and reverse.

Q

Will the temperature sender from 405 work with 205 dash?

inferno

temp gauge should work fine, all other engine conversions have no issues...

foreigner
temp gauge should work fine, all other engine conversions have no issues...

I know you have told me that last time. However it doesn't work. I am probably doing something wrong.

I fitted part of exhaust. The original fits but need modifying by special instruments like hammer and chisel.

foreigner

Some updates.

- Just put replacement rear beam in. took me about 4 hours to do that. Since I never do it before it's ok I think.

- while replacing beam fitted solid beam mounts from KAM Racing. And so far those two bits improved handling quite a lot. Now I need some 15inch wheels of 1.9 and I'll be happy. Anyone got spare set?

Left to do:

- front suspension

- chargecooler

- airbox

- water injection

- second fuel tank

- and whatever I'll make up...

ak 205

glad to see coming along ok ,

but why the need for water injection & second fuel tank ( unless thats for the water !!!! )

also why a charge cooler

thought u were doing the conversion for economical reasons , strange how things change

foreigner
glad to see coming along ok ,

but why the need for water injection & second fuel tank ( unless thats for the water !!!! )

also why a charge cooler

thought u were doing the conversion for economical reasons , strange how things change

Yeah I know i got sidetracked by some ideas but I am happy about it as £100 for chargecooler is not much.

Second tank is for my special extra fuel (itell you later when it's finished).

I have found water injection for £90 whole kit so again quite bargain (haven't bought it yet) good thing about it as it can be used woth methanol too so extra power there.

I think that some of my ideas are working quite well. It'll be good car for cruising in town without worrying too much. Then if someone is too cocky. I can press the button and should have extra cooling on chargecooler with fan fitted and water/methanol injection. I'll see.

Anyone see any problems in that let me know to save me some trouble.

Sign in to follow this