• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dj_mini

Kms Wiring

Dj_mini

Hi i wonder if any one could help i started installing my kms loom today have a few queries:

Do i need to install the wiring for the map sensor as im n/a not charged?

Is it ok to run the tdc sensor with the rest of the loom in the same sleving i.e will it cause interferance?

I see that other people have struggled with getting stable air temp readings is there an ideal place to help solve this problem?

Cheers Dan

Sandy

If you you're using Throttle position as load, the MAP sensor doesn't need to be connected. In a perfect world it could provide ambient compensation, but it's not essential.

The TDC sensor really should use a screened cable, with the screen earthed. You can rob and recycle the entire TDC plug and screened cable from a standard loom no bother.

Try and place the air temp sensor where the induction is most likely to be drawing air from at its coldest.

Edited by sandy309

Mattsav

As Sandy says.

The crank wires in the loom kit are screened anyway.

If your using the wideband then this will provide the air pressure correction.

Dj_mini
As Sandy says.

The crank wires in the loom kit are screened anyway.

If your using the wideband then this will provide the air pressure correction.

Great iv put the map sensor loom in to the ecu plug any way if i ever want to use it for boost in the future so ill just make the ends safe.

Matt stop posting and get your bloody engine dyno finished :D

Sign in to follow this