• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richiec205

1.6 Sump

richiec205

Well after discovering a hole in my sump on my 1.6 I decided to change it and fit one of the ones my mate had lying around. After cleaning and painting it I only found out there is a difference between 1.6 and 1.9 sumps when I tried to fit it. So can I fit the sump spacer plate off a 1.9 and just use the 1.9 sump?

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Rich

welshpug

yup.

richiec205

Thats ok then as my old sump didn't take to kindly to being welded

Andrwn8304
yup.

Basically the sump spacer on the 1.9 is to allow for extra down stroke, whereas the 1.6 is smaller rotation.

Edited by Andrwn8304

pug_ham
Basically the sump spacer on the 1.9 is to allow for extra down stroke, whereas the 1.6 is smaller rotation.

Yes & no, actually both sumps are different, with the 1.9 sump being shallower. The spacer plate is more of a block stiffener than an extra spacer, the sumps are the same depth when you include the stiffener plate on the 1.9 sump compared to a 1.6 sump.

I ran my 1.9 with a 1.6 sump for long enough without any problems & iirc Miles still has this on his CTi

Graham.

Sign in to follow this