• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Problems With Selecting Reverse

DamirGTI

Hi !

I have change my old 1.6 BE1 gearbox and fit 405 SRi BE3 box and i can't select reverse ?!?!?! :) car goes forward when i put it in reverse .. heeeelp !!!

Thanks

Damir

jackherer

are you aware that be1 and be3 have reverse in different places? on a be3 it is below 5th (where 6th would be if it existed). If you are putting the gearstick in the right place for reverse on a be3 box and going forwards then you have a six speed box! :)

DamirGTI

Hi !

Yes i know ;) but beascily it goes forward when i select gear below fifth - reverse :o .. like six gear really :):wacko:

I have try select reverse with hand wthout gear sticks and it is the same thing - just going forward :)

oh , i'm so angry because of this :) thre days of bloody exhaustive work on car fitting reconditioned engine and a lot of other srange jobs and now i can't drive the car :(

First thing tomorow old gearbox back on the car me thinks :lol:

Miles

Are you sure it's a BE3 gearbox? as it will have this written on it in a few places

Andrwn8304
Are you sure it's a BE3 gearbox? as it will have this written on it in a few places

Just wondering would the selector rods need to adjusted to compensate for the different position?

DamirGTI

Yes B) no reverse gear next to first and no lift up reverse cable

What fore is this gear leaver ? :

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/Pie...nis/mjenjac.jpg

I notice when i move this leaver to right it has some tension ( it feels springy ), but when i move it to left it feels strange , moving easy with no tension like something is broken inside :o

Maybee i broke something when i was changing this 405 leaver with 205 part ;)

Miles

You;ve let the selector drop down and it's not lining up with the main selector inside, the quick way of fixing this is to whip the Diff out and stick your finger where the bottom of that selector is and position back in the grove it should be in, Or you can try removing the arm again and seeing if you can get it back in by feel, But there should be a pin that hold the arm on not some wire

DamirGTI

Hi !

This wire was before i fit that box in the car , i've replace it now with a pin ;)

Thanks a lot Miles ! i will try to position this selector back where it was :o

Cheers

Damir

Sign in to follow this