• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andrwn8304

1.6 S.a.d.

Andrwn8304

Just checked the resistance across the connectors on the S.A.D. according to article posted by Chief the resistance should be 45 - 55 ohms somehow i'm not getting any reading from it. After a bit of playing with I got a reading of 54.2 ohms is it just me or does it sound like its got a intermittent open circuit.

I've checked the power supply to it and its getting full battery voltage. Squeezed the input pipe and the engine started stalling which indicates its working.

Any suggestions?????

Edited by Andrwn8304

jim21070

Ohmic resistance checks like this are only a guide.

55 ohms or infinity does indicate an intermittent O/C but it could all be down to tarnish on the connectors. Meters push a very, very tiny current through and a tiny bit of corrosion can lead to very misleading readings.

Clean up the contacts or scrape the meter probes across them to ensure a good contact.

Edited by jim21070

Andrwn8304

Cleaned the connectors (multi-meter and s.a.d.) with a tiny bit wet'n'dry before i tried them.

AndyUoh

Hey If you think your S>A>D is dying, Ive got a spare that I pointlessly replaced?

Andrwn8304
Hey If you think your S>A>D is dying, Ive got a spare that I pointlessly replaced?

PM'd

Sign in to follow this