• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_101

Oh, So French

pug_ham
my current oil pressure sender looks like the one in Pug_101's post with a large black ring of flats (probably 45mm ish accross flats) at the base of the large section, and I'm having trouble getting off. Any tips appreciated.

3822sensors.jpg

Same as the one above, the black ring is plastic & sits over the hex on the sender. If you can get a set of swan-necks or a pipe wrench in there you should be fine to get it undone but I've got them undone with taht ring on byhand before & it didn't leak. :o

The new sender looks right. :D Don't forget a new copper washer though. :blink:

Graham.

davev

i did mine not so long ago and i gotta say them stubby spanners work a treat. although i had to give it a hit with my hand to undo it(expecting to rip my wrist to shreads). :D

Sy_

Thanks for the replies,

pugrallye: well I don't know it's imperial, the measurement accross the points of the thread was approx 10mm.

pugtorque: so the black plastic ring is hiding a 17mm hex? Hmmm, can you push it down (nearer the block) to gain access to the flats? I'll try this when I get home as the thing's too tight to get off by hand.

Cheers,

Sy

Grim.Badger
pugtorque: so the black plastic ring is hiding a 17mm hex? Hmmm, can you push it down (nearer the block) to gain access to the flats?

You can on the 205 GTi engines, but last time I checked you can't on the S16 (can't remember which engine you have :wacko: )

Edited by Grim.Badger

Sy_

Yes you can 'pull it down' indeed and if you've got a cheap spanner set (where the spanners are about 3mm thick) you can just about slide one in there.

Removed she looks like this:

20070411oilpressuresenqu5.jpg

NB: the AF dim of the lower section was more than 17mm - my 19mm spanner loosened it but still felt a bit open. The black plastic ring is a fraction over 40mm AF if anyone cares.

Thanks for the help.

Sy

pugrallye
the AF dim of the lower section was more than 17mm - my 19mm spanner loosened it but still felt a bit open. The black plastic ring is a fraction over 40mm AF if anyone cares.

not that it really matters, as it sounds nit picky but the hex is actually imperial, not metric, god knows why though??? as i tried to say earlier in thread, seemed to come out wrong though, lol

pug_ham
the hex is actually imperial, not metric,

11/16's is near as damn it 17mm, just like 19mm is 3/4's.

Graham.

Pug_101
Yes you can 'pull it down' indeed and if you've got a cheap spanner set (where the spanners are about 3mm thick) you can just about slide one in there.

Removed she looks like this:

20070411oilpressuresenqu5.jpg

NB: the AF dim of the lower section was more than 17mm - my 19mm spanner loosened it but still felt a bit open. The black plastic ring is a fraction over 40mm AF if anyone cares.

Thanks for the help.

Sy

Looks like my sensor, but I've got no black ring. Might have made life easier for me.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this