• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
5150maxie

Mi16 Exhaust Cam Oil Seal

5150maxie

mi16 exhaust cam oil seals, do i need to take the cam off or can i slide one with it still in place?its got new seals but the exhaust one is leaking a bit?

C_W

No they can just be tapped in (that's how they should be fitted anyway). Just prise the other out with a screw driver (punch into it and twist it out)

You *might* be able to fit two I can't remember how deep the recess is, by tapping the exitsting on in all the way and putting the new one on top.

5150maxie
No they can just be tapped in (that's how they should be fitted anyway). Just prise the other out with a screw driver (punch into it and twist it out)

You *might* be able to fit two I can't remember how deep the recess is, by tapping the exitsting on in all the way and putting the new one on top.

cheers mate that sounds good i will do that.ive looked at it earlier and its not leaking now, i will keep an eye on it.im after one of though polished end covers to cover the end that sticks out. :)

Baz

Ah, so another can be fitted on top? One of mine is leaking slightly, I have a guttman end cap i want to fit aswell though, but no point if it's still leaking!!

Sign in to follow this