• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugrallye

Fitting Guide For Rallye Arches?

pugrallye

has anyone done a fitting guide, or produced detailed photos for fitting them (speedy's ones)???

fencer

i think sonofsam has done it

sonofsam

Yes, there is a rough guide in my project thread pugrallye, with pictures :rolleyes:

Its really just a case of offering them up and finding any high spots that need smoothing out and trimming

For the trimming part I used what can only be described as a metal handled hand tool, that allows

the use of hacksaw blades to be inserted into it and tightened, worked a treat using part worn blades,

acts rather like a file, plus I used a rasp/bastard file for any large corner sections.

For bonding I used Sikaflex 291, probably a bit too much actually,lol and was all held in position with blocks

of wood and G-clamps overnight and was cured by the next morning.

The only slightly difficult bit was getting them to fit and stay stuck round by the sills, so again used some wood anchored against the ground to keep it all in place.

Im happy with the way they have turned out, still need slight filling and smoothing to get the perfect, but against the bodywork there is no gaps that I can see <_<

pugrallye

trouble is i dont really want to bondo mine, as i have 3x originals and one speedy copy

speedy

That is going to be a bit of a problem as they are ment to be bonded since they are in a different material from the originals

pugrallye

well will give it a go, as original one is £630 and peugeot have none left, lol

sonofsam

I cant see you being able to rivet them on, as they dont have the receses in them to sit

flush to the body like my old Antares arches. Maybe some form of special clip could be designed and utilised.

Good luck either way!

Sign in to follow this