• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryangti

Foglight Cold Air Feeds

ryangti

My induction ducting has been shortened and the airfilter now sits between the battery and the headlight, i was thinking of ways of getting cold air to the filter without having to cut away at any of the bodywork. i did a quick search and it didnt really bring up much info, so has anyone made air feeds from the foglight holes? and does anyone have any pictures of what they used on the holes to cover the gap? i was thinking of smoothing a cold airfeed port into a sheet the same size as the hole to make it look a little neater.

pugrallye

you can buy cold air ducted plates and covers from the likes of demon tweeks ( basically a scoop swaged off to a cyinder so you fit hose onto it) they do loads of sizes and shapes

sonofsam
My induction ducting has been shortened and the airfilter now sits between the battery and the headlight, i was thinking of ways of getting cold air to the filter without having to cut away at any of the bodywork. i did a quick search and it didnt really bring up much info, so has anyone made air feeds from the foglight holes? and does anyone have any pictures of what they used on the holes to cover the gap? i was thinking of smoothing a cold airfeed port into a sheet the same size as the hole to make it look a little neater.

Yes that would work and look good, only slight problem being the driving light aperture

is a bit of an irregular shape, has a few contours the slope down etc. Aluminium thin sheet

would be ideal for forming, unless you can do the same with plastics :rolleyes:

There is a picture of mine old ones in here http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...intake&st=0

Plus if you search 'brake vent' you will find a few more solutions as I've posted some links

to shops that sell intake vents etc <_<

ryangti
Yes that would work and look good, only slight problem being the driving light aperture

is a bit of an irregular shape, has a few contours the slope down etc. Aluminium thin sheet

would be ideal for forming, unless you can do the same with plastics ^_^

There is a picture of mine old ones in here http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...intake&st=0

Plus if you search 'brake vent' you will find a few more solutions as I've posted some links

to shops that sell intake vents etc :blush:

thanks the pic you have in that thread is exactly what im thinking of except i want to do the ducts a rectangle shape :huh: .

Baz

Not perfect, but a cheap option, i have some BMW E30 front valance vents that fit quite well into the fog holes, they end a rounded square rather than a round hole though.

sonofsam
thanks the pic you have in that thread is exactly what im thinking of except i want to do the ducts a rectangle shape :) .

Well, spinning rectangles would be nigh on impossible, so cant help you there,. :D

If you want cheap, try the top of a cordial juice bottle :D

sutol

they end a rounded square rather than a round hole though.

Here's a method I have used in the past.

If you use a round large tube pushed against the rectangular aperture from the back so as the smaller rectangle feeds into it then there is no cutting or forming to do. I find central heating flue ducting to be both cheap and light in weight, it is also bendable squashable and shiney :)

It is also possible to form a rectangle from the end of it if you have the patience/skill as it is ally flexipipe

Edited by sutol

sonofsam

This the kind of thing your after Ryan

duct002.jpg

Could look very subtle.

ryangti
This the kind of thing your after Ryan

duct002.jpg

Could look very subtle.

yeah thats exactly what im after , do you have any details on it?

Dj_mini

Looks very similar to what im doing i got mine from rally des cost around £15 iirc.

fog.jpg

sonofsam
yeah thats exactly what im after , do you have any details on it?

Erm, search through my old posts and you will find the shop that sells ;)

My latest creationDSC00155.jpg

Blish10

Hi, does the one from rally des fit straight into the fog hole?

BERTMAN

yeh, think it does...

Blish10

Cool. Been chatting to a guy at work and he seems to think that if the duct was put into the valance with the front of it flush with the valance, then the air would just flow past it as it is on a slight curve. But if I were to put it properly flat to front of car, more air would flow into it.

Or would I be better with a duct like that leading to an airbox and then into my BMC??

mi16nut

If you live anywhere near a Maplin store, have a look at their speaker ports. They do a number of different shapes & sizes for not a lot of money. Could be worth experimenting. I have a front splitter that I have sunk 3 round ports in; 1 for a cold air feed to the filter & 2 aimed towards the front disks.

Mark.

Blish10

You got any pics Mark?

Baz

Bmw E30 ducts, not prefect fit but they'll do. :rolleyes:

DSC00179.jpg

Edited by BazGTMi

Sign in to follow this