• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest race rabbit

Lockwood Dials

Guest race rabbit

i've been given the white dial kit but having had a look at my dash it seems to be quite involved to take it all apart has anybody put the dials on and how much of a **** was it??

205man

ive got them its not a hard job just take your time, the kit i had was supposed to be able to be fitted with the needles in place, but it didnt go on that way i found it easier to remove them (carefully), it just a bit of a pain to get the needles back in the right place just dont rush it and its okay

Guest race rabbit

cheers for that if i feel brave i will have a crack at fitting them this weekend :ph34r: just listern out for the swearing when i loose a screw somewhere ;):o

205man

oh and when you get the old ones off make sure you clean the old glue off as the new ones wont stick properly, and if you removed the old carefully keep them as you may want to put them back on if you dont like the new ones

Guest Dom

I had the dial kit already installed when i bought my car and the needle sticks now and again. I have to keep banging it to get a proper speed. Really annoying when your going past a speed camera.

Guest race rabbit
oh and when you get the old ones off make sure you clean the old glue off as the new ones wont stick properly, and if you removed the old carefully keep them as you may want to put them back on if you dont like the new ones

can you get them off without snapping them i thought you had to break em off ?( mind you i could be wrong) ill have a go tomorrow lol if its not raining :ph34r:;)

C_W

The needles do come off but need to be prised off gently and square.

If the kit is the later type that lets you leave the needles on then keep the needles on. The oilpressure/fuel and oiltemp/water temp gauges are tricky as you have to hold the needles in a certain position to slide the dial face on.

The problem with taking the needles on means it's a pain getting them to read right again, espeically the outer gauges as they don't stop where the needle stops, they carry on round and round, using a stopper on the needle to control the range.

Sign in to follow this