• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Auto5

dch1950

Hi guys,

I have been getting my baby ready for MOT and as last years crib sheet said brake pipes "slightly corroded"

I thought best give them a look.

Lo and behold the rear ones were transparent! Going on the advice and discount firms mentioned on the forum , I contacted AUTO5. Big mistake!

I told the guy who answered the phone exacttly what I wanted (2 off o/e part no. 4803.94) for a 1.6 Gti 1991 vintage.

Response - "is that for a 1.9" - !!

reply- NO - a 1.6

response - that'll be £82.96. - HMMMM!

I eventually got the bloke to work out what I wanted,gave him my card no. - Job done.

Next he comes back with " I'll ring you back tomorrow as I don't know what the Carriage is "

YEH Right.

If the owner of Auto5 is a member of this forum then PLS get this bloke off the desk cos he's thick.

I know this a rant bit this is the second time I've dealt with this guy and he's .............

forgive me.

regards

Dave

;)

Gibbo GTI

Its not just you ;)

dch1950
Its not just you ;)

Thank F--K for that , as a relatively new member I didn't want to get known as a Grump.

Thanx for that bro.

regards

Dave

GLPoomobile

I haven't dealt with Auto five in a while as their prices are stupid.

Last time I called them was about 2 years ago when I ordered some engine mounts. I'm guessing I may have spoken to the same guy as he sounded quite young and basically pretty ignorant.

When I first got into 205s years ago it was run by some older guy and he was alright to deal with.

jim21070

Rob was the man who was good to deal with.

I have stopped using them since the new bloke started taking orders. He never inspired any confidence in me whatsoever. I got the distinct impression he only vaugely knew a 205GTi :D

Also their prices put me off.

All I need I seem to be able to very reasonably and efficiently obtain through my local Pug Main Dealer.

welshpug

£82.96 for what?? :D if its the copper bit then thats about a tenner's worth of pipe from any motor factor, or if its the rubber ones theyre £6.50 each

Sign in to follow this